Slingshots Forum banner
701 - 720 of 998 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,042 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,503 Posts
Got the little Cherry modified Chalice rounded over and filed /shaped a bit today, getting ready for hand sanding.

I still need to put a lanyard hole, band grooves (maybe ?), and maybe a fiber optic sight…..she’s shaping up nicely though and holds fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
Registered
493 Posts
I like the cant on the tops, gives more of a straight wrist...but then again, I can't shoot a pickle fork very well, at all.
I don't know if I'm making pfs' wrong or just different, or maybe I've just become very used to them because I don't tweak my pouch anymore. I simply give it a 90° twist, aim and release. No fork hits in a long time. Maybe I'm tweaking it a bit without realizing, but I don't think so.

·
Premium Member
3,687 Posts
I don't know if I'm making pfs' wrong or just different, or maybe I've just become very used to them because I don't tweak my pouch anymore. I simply give it a 90° twist, aim and release. No fork hits in a long time. Maybe I'm tweaking it a bit without realizing, but I don't think so.
I had heard somewhere that the 90° twist is usually enough. I suck with PFS too.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
No, but I've seen them. Also wouldn't that be just boot polish? Ive used brown KIWI restoring a WW2 Japanese rifle stock years ago worked great the color matched perfectly. OH! I got an old can of Parade Gloss!!!

My wife really really wants to paint and dye some.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk
Well get the lady set up sir 😊 come on

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,503 Posts

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Got the little Cherry modified Chalice rounded over and filed /shaped a bit today, getting ready for hand sanding.

I still need to put a lanyard hole, band grooves (maybe ?), and maybe a fiber optic sight…..she’s shaping up nicely though and holds fantastic.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
I love the shape of that one Darrell, it looks like a nice solid grip!! 👍

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,503 Posts
I'm gonna try my hand at an opfs sort of thing. View attachment 372571
Can’t wait to see what you come up with Alex……. I actually cut out a solid Cherry OPFS yesterday, and trying to think of a nice design to inlay into it.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

701 - 720 of 998 Posts