·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Hmmmm, never had inlay shrink before ?

What viscosity CA did you use ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
not sure of iscosity,cheap stuff from dollar general,its just barely below surface shrink,probly should have oer filled and sanded again,but,,,,,,,
still a nice little shooter tho :)

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,748 Posts
not sure of iscosity,cheap stuff from dollar general,its just barely below surface shrink,probly should have oer filled and sanded again,but,,,,,,,
still a nice little shooter tho :)
Yeah, whenever I inlay, I fill the void first with dry, crushed medium of choice to slightly proud of the surface, then use the water thin viscosity CA glue and drip onto the inlay, letting it “wick” down through it, till the CA quits soaking in pools on top.

Let dry, sand, apply finish of choice.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,748 Posts
View attachment 374517
Finished this big nattie for a new guy. Set it up with gum rubber and a Flatband pouch. Hope he gets the bug.
Well, if he don’t like it Joe, you know where to send it, lol, that’s a beauty

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Yeah, whenever I inlay, I fill the void first with dry, crushed medium of choice to slightly proud of the surface, then use the water thin viscosity CA glue and drip onto the inlay, letting it “wick” down through it, till the CA quits soaking in pools on top.

Let dry, sand, apply finish of choice.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
what i should have done,i just used the glue -no filler,live and learn tho,and its out of the burn box :)

·
Registered
2,382 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
On with these 2 🎯🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊👍 a bingo in hybrid White/yellow and acacia and a mustang style spalted oak natty 🎯👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

Attachments

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,748 Posts
Working on this Mountain Mahogany Chalice style ergo the last few days, and boy is this wood friggin hard !
I received a few raw forks in a trade with Sam [mention]Humwild [/mention] a good while back and they’re good and seasoned now.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

961 - 980 of 1129 Posts