Slingshots Forum banner
1121 - 1129 of 1129 Posts

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
experimenting with spalted"wormwood" and super glue,actually its beetle tunnels packed with sawdust,thinking that just like an inlay of powdered stone,etc,the SG should absorb into it and make it strong,we will see :)
Wood Road surface Trunk Artifact Font
Wood Road surface Wall Paint Rectangle

The darker spots are where i have already put a couple "coats" of SG turns the compacted sawdust-beetle poop-dark,lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
I guess a pic is worth a thousand words... View attachment 377384 View attachment 377385
Alright, I see what you mean now. (y) Well... I have thought about it but never got around to incorporating the straight tops into my work. Also, I rarely shoot my slingshots, I "just" make them. Maybe I prefer shooting with flat top without knowing it. :) All I know is that it feels more natural for me, in the making process, to cut the forks at a 90° angle and that's maybe partially for an personal aesthetic reason.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Alright, I see what you mean now. (y) Well... I have thought about it but never got around to incorporating the straight tops into my work. Also, I rarely shoot my slingshots, I "just" make them. Maybe I prefer shooting with flat top without knowing it. :) All I know is that it feels more natural for me, in the making process, to cut the forks at a 90° angle and that's maybe partially for an personal aesthetic reason.
In my experience, it dials in the accuracy the minute the fork tip are in step with one another.

1121 - 1129 of 1129 Posts