·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
I know, it's "slightly" off topic.
It's What am I fixing today.
I honestly think it will glue up ok. But... If not, oh well. I'll just make another.
I was killing it yesterday shooting this frame. So well that I started making little changes (messing around, learning) to my pouch hold to see how little differences change the shot. Pretty sure I forgot to "speed bump" my pouch. Oops.
I made it to learn from. I've learned a lot already. Now let's see how I do at fixing it.

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
3,016 Posts
I know, it's "slightly" off topic.
It's What am I fixing today.
I honestly think it will glue up ok. But... If not, oh well. I'll just make another.
I was killing it yesterday shooting this frame. So well that I started making little changes (messing around, learning) to my pouch hold to see how little differences change the shot. Pretty sure I forgot to "speed bump" my pouch. Oops.
I made it to learn from. I've learned a lot already. Now let's see how I do at fixing it.
Should work out well! Always sad to see a good frame take a head shot like that.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,493 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,493 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'll try again. I got the camera out before I got too far into things for once. Doing a NLSpfs and a hybrid amigo with a SWOPS to use up the excess epoxy. At this point everything is cut or resawn , scarified and ready for a good wipe down with denatured alcohol. View attachment 367867
On to the epoxy and clamping View attachment 367868
After three hours in the New Mexico sun at 5300' on a metal welding table the epoxy is tack free and set so the clamps come off View attachment 367869
;)
Templates in place and ready for the bandsaw View attachment 367871
Cut out and ready for the sander but not until tomorrow after the epoxy has time to cure. The metal cores act like a perfect heat sink and that heat will destroy the epoxy bond if it hasn't cured and if you get too carried away. Experience talking View attachment 367872 View attachment 367873
I tell you what @cromag your pumping out they NLS pfs 💙🎯👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👌👊 it's my design which I shared with all but I would to say to anyone across the water 🇺🇸 if you want one @cromag is your man 🇺🇸💙🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🎯👍👌👊

141 - 160 of 983 Posts