Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 344 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
Today I am shooting a slingshot I found at the dollar store. It is a small plastic frame I found in the tool section (it was the only one there so I figure it was a happy coincidence that someone left it there) definitely originally a kids toy!

I wrapped most of the frame in some old weird purple Chinese "theraband" to make it easier to hold and banded it with a small pouch and Dankung 1842 with 13 inches active length. Just to be safe I added a lanyard in case I lost my grip.

This thing shoots like a champ sending 3/8 steel down range with enough power to put holes in a soda can at 5 meters.

All in all a very cheap and fun catty!

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
This is what I shoot most of the time :) solid canvas micarta axiom I made myself

830c5513d180afc64739d1852353094c.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
I too really enjoy the axiom design. I really like the palm swell you added to yours seems like it would add to the comfort for sure.

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
I am shooting into my garage with my G10 BB shooter from Rayshot at this moment with 5/16 ammo. I am getting used to TTF and giving it a week. I am shooting much more accurately than OTT, which I have preferred. Thank you for asking .
99718f4f874e06f692371cfac66260d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Nice lanyard setup, never seen one like that.

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
Since I hurt my thumb in a motorcycle accident two years ago I can only shoot one SS without pain. Big Dan designed and built this one for me. I love it and while I miss shooting a variety of forks ( I have a few) I happy to be able to shoot pain free.
That is a very neat design and I am glad that you were able to find a way to keep on shooting :)

Reactions: Ibojoe

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
After a motorcycle accident two years ago I could not shoot a regal SS so, Big Dan designed and built this great shooter for me.

GP
That is a very trick piece of hardware. "Adapt and overcome" looks nice too :)

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
Found this frame just laying around lol. Seriously though I found 2 Youtube videos by 2 different shooters (Volp and Noah Ray thanks guys) and they explained frameless shooting well enough for me to finally sort it out. Though the 3 rd shot was a return to sender, a 1/4 inch steely hit me in the left ear of all places. Did not hurt so much as shock. I think the 2040 tubes I am using just over powered the shot and caused the RTS. So I switched to 3/8 steel and put a good 15 rounds down range with no more incidents. I am working on consistent form and dialing in the accuracy, and above all having fun :) well not the RTS I can do with out them.

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
Been lucky lately and received some nice slingshots and took them out to the range today. They all look and shoot super nice.

From left to right: one from gabeb, two from devil's son in law and one from razamatazzberry (sorry if I misspelled that handle)

All four of them just work, they all obviously look great too but they also shoot so nice.

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
Finally got to shoot my Wasp Delta Wing today, very nice. Got it banded with 3/4 straight cut simpleshot black, Performance Catapults pouch (love these pouches). Was shooting 3/8 steel at cans in my catch box. I was curious and did a timed can cut, 9 minutes and 3 seconds. Fair for the first time. Want to try it with 7/16 and 1/2 inch ammo, see how it affects my time.

I personally like the Delta Wing better that the Uniphoxx. It is a bit larger and fits my hand well, it is also easy to aim and just feels good.

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
Took two to the range today.

Number 1 is a Flipinout slingshot's Axiom Flipkung wearing 1632 looped tubes.

Number 2 is a Trumark wrist rocket refitted with 3060 tubes.

Both of the slingshot were easy to shoot well, especially the Flipkung, it just feels so nice in the hand.

Attachments

Reactions: Samurai Samoht

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
I gotta learn to stage my pictures better... but anyway this is a picture of my baby. This is hands down my favorite shooter. Had to switch out the worn black paracord for something a little snazzier. :)

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
Shooting this today . Designed by Bill Hays many years ago .First of a kind on the slingshot scene . So popular it has inspired so many other makers to follow its lines . By the way . In the right hands it will light matches .

NP7if1D.jpg
Just wondering what the name of this slingshot is? I like it and would like to keep an eye out for one. Thanks :)

Reactions: lunasling

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
I like the scout, I have 1 first gen and 3 second gens and now the aluminium version set up various ways. The poly ones are nice and will do everything you need a scout to do. But the ally one is like a refined and polished version, it still launches ammo down range but it does it oh so nicely :) I was on the fence about the purchase of the aluminium scout for a while but I am glad I bought it. The smoothness and weight feel super great in the hand. It's not for everyone but I do like it.

Reactions: patsy1122

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
Will be on this for the next few days... Ally-Scout with Precise 0.65 rubber and a Roo Warrior Apache Pouch. Everything is awesome though the rubber just feels kinda stiff.

attachicon.gif
ally scout.jpg
The ally scouts are nice, I like mine the more I shoot it :)

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
Shot some bbs ( the .177 kind ) with this rig today ( Friday ) new experience for me shooting such fiddly little ammo but this setup sure zings them along. Good fun :)

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,139 Posts
an old standby went out back with me, for a quickie in the cold...

attachicon.gif
new year daily.jpg

5.75" 1745 singles with 16mm marbles.
Neat setup, I have a frame like that in the mail on its way to me now. If I may ask, where did you get the plugs / stoppers from? Thanks :)

1 - 20 of 344 Posts