Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1056 Posts

·
Registered
6,773 Posts
Having a wicked time with this little pocket shooter natty I whipped up. Standard 3 coats of BLO and sanded to 400 grit.

Also pretty happy with my first pouches of any quality. I made them from an old wallet and I would say there are just about identical to Simple Shot standard pouches.

Still have to poly coat the frame, but other than that I'm pretty happy. :)
d826e28cd9454bf921daa005f1312063.jpg
08f961106ca3d18c47ef4f25b5699375.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
that is wicked looking,what type of wood is that?

·
Registered
6,773 Posts
Gas Bumper Electrical wiring Wire Cable
Orange Road surface Wood Gas Asphalt
shooting one of my *creations* today,an experiment that turned out a 1000times better than I expected,lol. started life out as the wrist brace off a daisy SS,bent the ends where the arm brace went,pushed the yellow tubes down the frames and added 1 inch TBG bands.didn't really think it would work,but turns out it is one of my most accurate,easy shooting pieces.from 3/8's to marbles.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,773 Posts
Will not shoot today, but tomorrow morning she will be letting 5/16 steel fly ... this "Road Warrior" has looped 3050's on it, I'll be shooting looped 2040's too out of my Luck Ring using the same ammo ! Want to see if 5030 is that much faster, and is it worth the extra pull weight compared to 2040 ...... we will see ;- ) Just got this 3050 from China and it feels a little funky compared to the 3050 I just got in from an American distributor ? Should be interesting tomorrow !

wll

Road%20Warror%20sm.png
just out of curiousity what did this start out as? Dankung?

·
Registered
6,773 Posts
Will not shoot today, but tomorrow morning she will be letting 5/16 steel fly ... this "Road Warrior" has looped 3050's on it, I'll be shooting looped 2040's too out of my Luck Ring using the same ammo ! Want to see if 5030 is that much faster, and is it worth the extra pull weight compared to 2040 ...... we will see ;- ) Just got this 3050 from China and it feels a little funky compared to the 3050 I just got in from an American distributor ? Should be interesting tomorrow !

wll

Road%20Warror%20sm.png
No, it started out as a very poorly put together wire frame slingshot, not worth the $4.80 you pay for it... after you are through fixing it up, you will have little tiger by the tail, IMHO. This is the slingshot and you will see my review of it.

https://www.amazon.com/SE-PC-M4-Metal-Sling-Anchors/dp/B015AMVLBO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523194911&sr=8-1&keywords=SE+PC-M4+Duty+Metal+Sling+Shot+with+Nut+%26+Bolt+Band+Anchors

Once you rip off everything and start over, you will end up with a little tank .. it is tough as heck, pocketable, will take any strength elastic. I have Dankungs that are very comfortable and I have had some that are not, this sling fits about half way between those two. I'm not going to use it for target, It is not really comfortable to shoot long target sessions with ..... be it is comfortable enough for hunting anything a slingshot can take, and for plinking around.

Since I started playing with these Cheapos (the blackened ones are now called "Road Warriors") these are the slings I have been using in the field ... they are inexpensive, will not break, comfortable enough for hunting and plinking ... I don't want anything else.

I still carry one of my F-16's, but they are quite a bit bigger, I have been using those for big heavy ammo.

wll
cool,appreciate the info,looks like a fun project,i will give them a try. what type bands/tubes you using on the F-16?

·
Registered
6,773 Posts

wll

Road%20Warror%20sm.png
No, it started out as a very poorly put together wire frame slingshot, not worth the $4.80 you pay for it... after you are through fixing it up, you will have little tiger by the tail, IMHO. This is the slingshot and you will see my review of it.

https://www.amazon.com/SE-PC-M4-Metal-Sling-Anchors/dp/B015AMVLBO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523194911&sr=8-1&keywords=SE+PC-M4+Duty+Metal+Sling+Shot+with+Nut+%26+Bolt+Band+Anchors

Once you rip off everything and start over, you will end up with a little tank .. it is tough as heck, pocketable, will take any strength elastic. I have Dankungs that are very comfortable and I have had some that are not, this sling fits about half way between those two. I'm not going to use it for target, It is not really comfortable to shoot long target sessions with ..... be it is comfortable enough for hunting anything a slingshot can take, and for plinking around.

Since I started playing with these Cheapos (the blackened ones are now called "Road Warriors") these are the slings I have been using in the field ... they are inexpensive, will not break, comfortable enough for hunting and plinking ... I don't want anything else.

I still carry one of my F-16's, but they are quite a bit bigger, I have been using those for big heavy ammo.

wll
cool,appreciate the info,looks like a fun project,i will give them a try. what type bands/tubes you using on the F-16?
got one of the *cheapies* filed and sanded ruff spots rebanded and it shoots Awesome!Thanks.also a pic of a B-53 upper half that is my *knock around* plinker.[I do have a couple F-16 frames around to]

Attachments

·
Registered
6,773 Posts
I sent a reconnaissance team out to Desert Range II this morning as I thought I heard helicopters last night.

Sure enough, 6 or 7 of em' coming up through the mine. All of them armed to the shards.

The Slingshot Gods had visited the day before and left behind a Ranger and Torque......and 48 rounds of 3/8" steel slingmissles.

The first 12 rounds went out behind the Ranger. Four near misses, 5th heavy damage to the extremities of one invader. The next 6 rounds went out rapidly with carnage at every shot!

The next 12 rounds went out behind the Torque. The ammo was jumping out of this thing! Made contact on the 11th round. I was questioning my handle wrap and the band strength and my strength around the 8th shot because I was sending them outside the strike zone too much.

The next 12 rounds flew down range behind the Ranger with contact almost every shot! I was smiling and starting to release under a 2 count. I also found my self drifting over my target to simulate running and started to pop the tops off left and right. By the 12 shot I told myself that it'll be a sinch to cut a card or light a roadflare with this little sweetheart.

The next 12 rounds on the Torque went out a lot slower. The draw weight between the two slings was almost dramatically different. Sorry no metrics, only photos. I did make contact a few more times but I was getting pulled by the sling towards the end. I think I am going to unwrap it and go with the original intent/design and maybe add some hockey tape for my sweaty hand instead. Funny I didn't think I needed to do anything with the handle of the Ranger. But I was pulling a lot less weight as well.

Thanks to KawKan for the recommendation.
Props to Bushpotchef for strong reviews of the Torque.

These are my first 'commercial' slingshots since my folding wrist rocket back in '75, so this was a unique visit today and sling into my youth yet again.

May yer shootin' be straight and yer whiskey too! Mojave Mo
2e2446b8adb714aa954c255a437ac33c.jpg
f038947d93fc44cb64c012fc4a9bc99d.jpg
28d0ec5501cddfe53fd850f4d15ecfb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
looks like a spot I used to go outside Phoenix,years ago. I love my torque,havent tried a Ranger yet,but got a scorpion from Mr.Hayes I really like

1 - 20 of 1056 Posts