Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
It is blowing a full gale here today, clear blue skies, sunny, warm enough for shorts. I put a fresh bandset on this fork and intend to shoot the piss out of it this afternoon. I even ordered another 50lbs of steel so I could shoot, today, with out a conscience....

Blue Wood Sculpture Art Religious item

Attachments

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
It is blowing a full gale here today, clear blue skies, sunny, warm enough for shorts. I put a fresh bandset on this fork and intend to shoot the piss out of it this afternoon. I even ordered another 50lbs of steel so I could shoot, today, with out a conscience....

20210326_124806.jpg
That is stunning
Thanks, I have really enjoyed it. I have to be honest, the fork Shane just made for me gives it a run for it's money. They both cut like scalpels.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
It is blowing a full gale here today, clear blue skies, sunny, warm enough for shorts. I put a fresh bandset on this fork and intend to shoot the piss out of it this afternoon. I even ordered another 50lbs of steel so I could shoot, today, with out a conscience....20210326_124806.jpg
That is stunning
Thanks, I have really enjoyed it. I have to be honest, the fork Shane just made for me gives it a run for it's money. They both cut like scalpels.
Think you just summed up perfectly what a good frame feels like there. That feeling when the shots feel like they are being made by a scalpel and all you can see is the exact place you want to make the incision
When I shoot instinctively, that is all there is for that fleeting moment when I release...that exact spot.

In the 53 years I have spent here on this Earth, hitting my mark is something that I do very well...if only the rest was so easy.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Nothing.....The Yuppies (it took 8 years and 20 of them to stop me) closed me down for now. I got an old Coast Guard buddy coming up, soon, to help me build a nice catch box. I mean a classy catch box on my property. As the slingshot is not illegal in MD (don't ever come to this state) and the noise does not reach illegal decibels. All they could do is make me move my targets from County Property. They also told me they did not steal my targets, as I left them on County Property, anyone is welcome to remove them. I told them to stop pissing down my back and calling it rain. I said God saw you steal my property. As this guy is a retired Light Colonel, I told him he was a Coward, a Thief and a Rat....all traits that when I was in the military would get you beat down. I told him that is why the War College passed him over for Colonel. I told him that if I could put he and I in a time machine I would dial us back 200 years and challenge him to a duel at dawn. He put his head down and walked away at a quick pace and said nothing.....The reason I put them there at 40 yards from my home was for their benefit....the ricochet would reach their property.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hoggy sent me this frame awhile back and I literally put in on display in the bookcase. I avoided banding it up because I think I worried that I'd shoot it better than my hi-zoot slingshots. Well. That is what happened of course. This is the entrance to a trail on the lake where I have 4 plastic golf balls hanging in the forest. I take about 10 shoots per ball trying to get at least two hits in a row. I got so many hits with this Marksman that I should have been scoring my misses instead.
f21100b96b206ac9eaac92021fb4c295.jpg

5096f8776dc53033ae6fd7a2065c2e20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some Humans ain't Human.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Definitely sucks to mess up a frame you like but now you have one to learn with ive had some framers when they happen I usually shoot that one more and am no longer afraid of getting a hit keep practicing you'll find a way that works for you...

Sent from my SM-A805F using Tapatalk
I appreciate the words of encouragement. I told myself the the same thing. I tried to run before I could walk. I shoot instinctively with both eyes open with a floating anchor. I was excited to try my first PFS and frustration set in after the first shot/fork hit.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
attachicon.gif
20210529_085314.jpg

and I did a piss-poor job of shooting this fork. First time shooting PFS. Not doing a very good job of posting this morning either, 5 fork hits in a row. I feel like a rank amateur.
pfs aint easy,takes a whole new learning/shooting curve,muscle memory and practice will bring it around,and then you will be hooked,lol.cant tell you how many fork hits-hand hits-broken forks i had learning,but it was all worth it :)it will be for you as well.
I thought I was supposed to tilt both forks toward the target with a PFS. You see what happened when I did. If I hold it just right, she is a straight shooter. But I am hot sure what right is, yet. I am just glad I did not spent $275.00 on one from JJCC, yet.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Seeing all of youz slinging your PFS around makes me want to down a couple Advil, slam my hand in the car door, and then band up my Treeman Zone7 conus and let'r rip!

bb4e5663ccf4b96238410fa53a5678a2.jpg
What is the story on the top fork? I really like that one
Oh yea. That frame (all of these) came outta the Zone7 Slingshot factory in Jersey--aka Treeman. This frame number as coined the Desert Kingsnake as part of his 'snake' series of frames.

I sure would like one...

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
attachicon.gif
20210529_085314.jpg

and I did a piss-poor job of shooting this fork. First time shooting PFS. Not doing a very good job of posting this morning either, 5 fork hits in a row. I feel like a rank amateur.
pfs aint easy,takes a whole new learning/shooting curve,muscle memory and practice will bring it around,and then you will be hooked,lol.cant tell you how many fork hits-hand hits-broken forks i had learning,but it was all worth it :)it will be for you as well.
I thought I was supposed to tilt both forks toward the target with a PFS. You see what happened when I did. If I hold it just right, she is a straight shooter. But I am hot sure what right is, yet. I am just glad I did not spent $275.00 on one from JJCC, yet.

i cant my forks forward-towards target-and twist and with the thicker frames [3/8s and above] i also tweak the pouch,still get a fork hit now and again,but usually a lack of concentration,try making a OPFS Dgui style out of 1/4 in multiplex/plywood [you can get small pieces at hobby lobby type stores] you might have better luck with the thin frames,i did,lol
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hi, it doesn't look that bad, a have done that before, but if you put some super glue on the hits, then go over with some sanding, and you an be fine. Some days are like that, some days are great.
Thanks for the super glue advise. It worked like a champ. First three shots hit the forks. So I got determined. The next three hit their mark. I remember John telling me to shoot it just like a normal OTT, just be more careful and aim. I think it was my anticipation of hitting my hand with steel at a half butterfly that caused me to hit the forks...???

1 - 20 of 585 Posts