Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
Just got my first “real” slingshot frame in the mail a couple days ago: a Wasp Uniphoxx Enzo. It’s a big upgrade after only shooting a cheap one from Amazon and putting flat bands on a Marksman wire frame. I’ve been having a blast trying out different band configurations and ammo types/sizes. Really love the feel of this thing and the “ivory” and black color scheme looks sweet too. Also loving the ability to switch OTT and TTF so quickly and easily with the clip system. My one complaint so far is that I have large hands and will be looking for a larger frame for my next purchase.

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
Shooting 3/8” steel with 0.7 Snipersling on the Scout XT.

2 developments: (1) I got into shooting TTF in the last couple of weeks and (2) I set up an indoor range with my catchbox downstairs. I don’t know why I hadn’t done this earlier; guess I was just afraid to shoot real ammo inside. I tried a couple of those practice ammos (1 plastic one from wasp and another rubbery one from simple shot) and never really liked them. Then I realized, hey I basically never miss the catch box so I might as well shoot inside when the weather stinks or it’s dark out. It’s been a lot of fun! Much more opportunity to get a few shots in here and there rather than having to go set everything up outside!

Edit: forgot to add that I can stretch it out to just at 10 meters inside.

Gesture Toy Art Gas Font

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
I like the dot on the flapper. Aim small, Miss small. I used to shoot at a short strip of butchers twine to hone down my accuracy years back.
Yep, that’s the idea, trying to aim small and miss small! I find if it’s just an orange spinner, my not so great eyes have a tough time picking out and focusing on a smaller point. A smaller point has helped so far.

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
Okay, I have to know the answer to this question?

How in the world did you come up with or choose your avatar name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Haha fair question! It was the name of the first Dracula film. I’m not even a horror movie buff or anything, I just think it sounds cool.

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
Shot the only natty I’ve ever made in the downstairs range today (got a lot of catching up to do with y’all!!!).

Thought my kid’s candy container looked cool so I loaded it up with 5/16” steel. Lol, we’re all just grown men into a kids hobby after all, right? Gotta remind myself not to take it TOO seriously :ROFLMAO:
Hand Green Toy Gesture Finger

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
I have a wrist rocket I bought from Cabelas a while ago. I think the brand is magnum. I wasn’t a huge fan and hardly ever shoot it so decided to take off the wrist stabilizer, take it out of its plastic handle, use the original latex tubes it came with as a grip, and set it up with flat bands (you can see one of my recent posts where I did this to a Marksman Classic and paracorded it up). Anyways, to my surprise when I opened the plastic handle, it is very short unlike an F16! Makes for some funky dimensions. Honestly I had a tough time being accurate with it compared to my regular frames, but it was fun to make at least.
Bicycle part Wire Scaled reptile Snake Fashion accessory

Font Office supplies Bicycle part Wire Fashion accessory

Finger Bicycle handlebar Wood Cable Wrist

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
Had a lovely time shooting my Scout XT at my catch box in the backyard moved out to 12 meters. Simple shot bands and 3/8” steel.
Shooting this frame TTF is the most accurate setup I’ve used so far (well, the same frame shooting 5/16” steel with Snipersling yellow 0.6 is about the same accuracy) BUT I have a pocket predator scorpion in the mail that I’m very excited about…

And going full dad mode by using a fanny pack for ammo… 😆

Hand Leg Finger Sneakers Wrist

Plant Bicycle handlebar Sculpture Tree Art

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
My scorpion just came in the mail today and I’m beyond pumped. I had to tweak my anchor point a little bit to dial it in, so I’m still getting used to that, but MY GOODNESS what an ergonomic frame!!!!! It’s my first pocket predator and I’m very excited about it.

Here’s how my first session went, definitely need to dial it in a little better but I think me and this frame are gonna get along great! 👍👍👍

Gesture Handwriting Font Finger Audio equipment

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
Good slingshot mate! Enjoy it!🏄🚀🎯
I'm also waiting for two PocketPredator frames (hts and taurus ttf) I'm really impatient lol.
The HTS and Taurus are definitely on my list! And a secret agent. Even if I can’t shoot little frames like that great, it looks so fun and pocketable.

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
Good slingshot mate! Enjoy it!🏄🚀🎯
I'm also waiting for two PocketPredator frames (hts and taurus ttf) I'm really impatient lol.
Also, waiting on frames while they’re in the mail makes me crazily impatient too! I checked the tracking at least twice a day since I ordered it 😂

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
Tightening up my groups. Why is it that if I put up a spinner this size, I would have NO problem hitting it 10 or even 20 times in a row, but when I put up a paper target, everything instantly feels harder? 🤔 For some reason I feel like shooting at paper targets is more challenging and is helping my accuracy a lot more than spinners…

Handwriting Product Ear Gesture Finger

·
Registered
Stephen
139 Posts
Yeah, that's good shooting. Looks like 50 percent on the sticker. I'd say 80 percent would be excellent and 100 percent would be world class! But I'm pulling that out of the air!
Excellent shooting!
And yes, paper has that effect on most of us!
She's a harsh mistress!
Thanks for your input, Ray! I appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts