Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Well, today's session was my first shooting frameless.
Trial shot one clay ball indoors last night and grinned so today I went for it..... 10m 8mm steel .50 Snipersling yellow 15mm straights, short draw behind head.
Managed some can hits after working out thumb placement to achieve equal band lengths and shist started happening.
No hand hits😅

@Portboy
Thanks for posting this wrist support lanyard style.
Outerwear Blue Textile Sleeve Font

Body jewelry Necklace Jewellery Electric blue Font

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
So, I made the new frameless bandset for 3/4 butterfly, same specs but 320mm cut lengths.
No problems aside from consistency but managed a dozen or so can hits..... funny how you just know a certain shot is spot-on before release. :cool:
Also got a very minor cheek stinger as my bloody thumb slipped off the lower band once at full draw.:LOL:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I lost my count at 10 in a row due to my excitement for doing this the first time ever, but I think it was 15-16 finally. Practice distance was only 7 [email protected] spinner, 7mm ammo, but this feels pretty good. Floating anchor, gripping the pouch like @Bill Hays does, sideways. Works like a charm.
View attachment 360908
That MF spinner looks like a pocket. Does it catch much ammo?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Got my first roll of latex and cut my own bands for the first time. Wow the BSB .52 from Sling Tech is smooooooth and zippy.
9.5mm steel, 20mmx13mm taper stretching to about 425%
I was working my way through the 2nd can with the Sycamore Sling. It had started raining when the band broke. So I finished up with Miss Maple. Really like the feel of this latex. Might reconsider my tapers. Seemed to have broke pretty quickly.
:D Band cutting..... you're in for a some head scratching moments. I have pretty much burned through a whole roll of Snipersling .50 yellow to find the right cut length/taper combos that are passable for different ammo sizes and draw anchors out to full butterfly. More .50 and .60 latex are in the postal system.

Keep slinging and keep it fun!

1 - 20 of 164 Posts