11701 - 11720 of 11760 Posts

·
Banned
629 Posts
attachicon.gif
20210607_104744.jpg
attachicon.gif
20210607_104649.jpg

Well, after fork hits in places I didn't know could be hit, super glue, 400 grit and new bandset,I am going to attempt to shoot this again. The fork tops are angled towards you...if the band lays on the whole fork top, when fired, it hits the forks very time. If when I aim I see air between the fork tops and the bottom of the band when drawn, I hit my target. I shoot instinctively 8 out of 10 shots with both eyes open. It sucks to have to slow down and look at all the idiosyncracies needed to not hit my hand or the fork.
More fork hits, more ripped bandsets by the rough fork hits. I can honestly say, for me, this is no fun. I think I will leave the picles in the jar and the pickle forks in the drawer.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
attachicon.gif
20210607_104744.jpg
attachicon.gif
20210607_104649.jpg

Well, after fork hits in places I didn't know could be hit, super glue, 400 grit and new bandset,I am going to attempt to shoot this again. The fork tops are angled towards you...if the band lays on the whole fork top, when fired, it hits the forks very time. If when I aim I see air between the fork tops and the bottom of the band when drawn, I hit my target. I shoot instinctively 8 out of 10 shots with both eyes open. It sucks to have to slow down and look at all the idiosyncracies needed to not hit my hand or the fork.
More fork hits, more ripped bandsets by the rough fork hits. I can honestly say, for me, this is no fun. I think I will leave the picles in the jar and the pickle forks in the drawer.
Have a break and try again in a few weeks, could just be trying too hard at the moment

·
Banned
629 Posts
attachicon.gif
20210607_104744.jpg
attachicon.gif
20210607_104649.jpg

Have a break and try again in a few weeks, could just be trying too hard at the moment
I also notice that when I switch back to my normal forks, my aim is way off for a shot or two and that is just plain disturbing, as I can normally hit a gnat in the a$$ at 40 yards with them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, after fork hits in places I didn't know could be hit, super glue, 400 grit and new bandset,I am going to attempt to shoot this again. The fork tops are angled towards you...if the band lays on the whole fork top, when fired, it hits the forks very time. If when I aim I see air between the fork tops and the bottom of the band when drawn, I hit my target. I shoot instinctively 8 out of 10 shots with both eyes open. It sucks to have to slow down and look at all the idiosyncrasies needed to not hit my hand or the fork.

I find sometimes if it use tubes I do not get fork hit, it might work for you also.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
attachicon.gif
20210607_104744.jpg
attachicon.gif
20210607_104649.jpg

i have similiar problems with fork tips that are to angled towards shooter,and thick frames,looking everytime will eventually become muscle memory,eventually,main reason i shoot thiner frames. Good Luck my friend

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Well, after fork hits in places I didn't know could be hit, super glue, 400 grit and new bandset,I am going to attempt to shoot this again. The fork tops are angled towards you...if the band lays on the whole fork top, when fired, it hits the forks very time. If when I aim I see air between the fork tops and the bottom of the band when drawn, I hit my target. I shoot instinctively 8 out of 10 shots with both eyes open. It sucks to have to slow down and look at all the idiosyncrasies needed to not hit my hand or the fork.

I find sometimes if it use tubes I do not get fork hit, it might work for you also.
i second the tubes idea,its what i use on most of my *thick* fames,

·
Mojave Mo
4,653 Posts
Well my adventure to switch from RHH to LHH might actually succeed. After an estimated 400 rounds of 9mm clay through this SPS I started getting groups of 3 hits in a row on my target at 10meters. My pseudo tubeset could be a tad tighter as my shots are 'almost' a flat trajectory to the target. If Cjw is still floating around the Forum, and the State of Commiefornia hasn't relieved him of his vast collection of SPS frames and beyond, then I send this memo out to the wind to
688c9ddf601e273bdd254b0bffaacce8.jpg

find out when he is going to jump back into the party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well my adventure to switch from RHH to LHH might actually succeed. After an estimated 400 rounds of 9mm clay through this SPS I started getting groups of 3 hits in a row on my target at 10meters. My pseudo tubeset could be a tad tighter as my shots are 'almost' a flat trajectory to the target. If Cjw is still floating around the Forum, and the State of Commiefornia hasn't relieved him of his vast collection of SPS frames and beyond, then I send this memo out to the wind to

Man I love the color on that frame. Matches pretty much everything else I own

·
Registered
3,156 Posts

Great shoot'n brotha Mo! Looks like you are an ambidextrous shooter! If one side gets tired, just switch over and go another 400+ rounds!

11701 - 11720 of 11760 Posts