Slingshots Forum banner
12821 - 12840 of 12901 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,168 Posts
This weekend I was getting dialed back in, shot at this black dot over 300 times. First few shots were a little scatter brained, but once I got dialed in I found out I got 2 favourite spots lol.
Distance is 50 feet shooting the halberd View attachment 357722
What black dot, lol…..great shooting Shane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ray Rowden
2,651 Posts
1/2" dia. steel ammo on full butterfly?
Wow!
That's like a howitzer!
Can you hear a "boom" when they impact?
Nice slingshots too BTW.
They do hit hard, even though I cut my butterfly bands narrower than bands for shorter draws. I get some extra exercise since they tend to knock my can off the hanger fairly often. Glad you like the shooters.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
WASP FTC, cans in the trees with .177 cal.

I found the FTC a bit uncomfortable ootb, so I cut off a bit of material where my pinkie finger sits, sanded the area, and now it's a very good fit to my hands, left hand mustang. A very small modification led to a major improvement, I finally like to shoot this frame.
Green Yellow Tree Road surface Asphalt

Metal Gas Brick Brickwork Cylinder

·
Registered
274 Posts
Took delivery of this Proshot Catapults of Sheffield England, PPMG + designed by Gamekeeper John over the weekend, in a word WOW, this is the most comfortable fork I have used to date, superb build quality, but it does come at a hefty price 80 bucks inc P&P.
A truly wonderful fork in woodland camo, TB Gold bands that pack a fairly decent punch for a 30 x 20 single, luxury leather pouch with really nice feeling for the ball.

Definitely my go to fork this year, a dream to shoot in every way.

P1030139 by apprentice 01, on Flickr

P1030137 by apprentice 01, on Flickr

P1030136 by apprentice 01, on Flickr

·
Registered
96 Posts
WASP FTC, cans in the trees with .177 cal.

I found the FTC a bit uncomfortable ootb, so I cut off a bit of material where my pinkie finger sits, sanded the area, and now it's a very good fit to my hands, left hand mustang. A very small modification led to a major improvement, I finally like to shoot this frame.
View attachment 357745

View attachment 357746
My apologies, what is "left hand mustang"?
Sounds "interesting"!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Trying to learn @Bill Hays style today, I'm surprised how good it works. I tried shooting like this before, but with shorter bands, today I cut .50 Sumeike to a 18-12 taper, 21cm active at a 102cm draw. There's some room for going 1-2cm shorter, but I'm still learning.
This setup is fast (up to 260fps with 7mm ammo, the average for accuracy is more about 240-245, but there's some potential for going faster) with a very easy draw. I had a can cut at 15m and 4 hits out of 5 shots on a 50mm spinner at 7m. With more practice I guess I'll become pretty accurate shooting this style.
Oh, and I got some new pouches, Warrior Mongol Roo leather. Fantastic is all I can say. Ty, Berk.

Here's some videos of Bill shooting and explaining: Shooting Pocket Predator Slingshots Great material.
Black Textile Sleeve Grey Font

12821 - 12840 of 12901 Posts