Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
See The Target
21,910 Posts
Close to 625 cal . Unfortunately it is a little bigger . So you will still need to make your own darts . Get yourself a two piece five footer from Cold Steel and be done with it . You won't regret it . Midway USA has them on sale . https://www.midwayusa.com/blowguns/br?cid=21443

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
See The Target
21,910 Posts
thanks again Treefork,i just ordered one,
That two piece 5 foot is great . Put some lube on the threads before assembling . I use a liquid wax called White Lightning intended for bike chains . The stun darts are great to use with your slingshot catch box and targets .

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
I have used 1/2" aluminum pipes for years and have been making my darts....mostly with cotton on 8" spring steel. I must say it would be nice to be able to buy pre-made darts with plastic cones. I might just buy one of the cold steel pipes...

You folks that shoot Cold Steel blowguns.......Wat are the advantages ( other than mobility) of the five foot, two piece vs the four foot pipe? Also, how to the plastic cone darts compare to those with paper cones or even my cotton ball darts.

I have years of blowgun experience but I realize it has all been with my own, homemade equipment.

GP

·
See The Target
21,910 Posts
The Cold Steel darts are of course mass produced and are more true than the ones I make . The plastic cone is much more durable than a paper or cotton one . Unless you shoot one dart into the back of another they can be shot hundreds of times . I'd rather be shooting than building darts . The five foot pipe shoots a bit better than the four . Seems optimal with the average lung capacity .

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well thanks to Treefork for the heads up i got one of these,been shooting it *short range* in the garage because of the winds here,very nice piece,a bit heavy and shoots a slightly smaller cone than my galvanized pipe.all in all promises to be a whole lotta fun.also glad to know i am not the only BG shooter out here lol,

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.