Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

What do you shoot with most when you're not using your favorite slingshot?

Firearms, airguns, crossbows, bows...?

I'll start: I like to shoot tin cans and other fun targets with my spring piston air rifles. Other than that, I've been toying around with some homemade blowguns lately. I used to shoot .357 magnum at 25 to 50 yards quite regularly, but got bored just shooting at paper targets at the range: we don't have those great shooting ranges you have in the US, where they allow you to set up a variety of fun targets.

Europe, or should I say the EU, is not a shooter's paradise... :(. Hard luck...

Your turn now...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Living in the UK nothing ????????????????????????????

I keep looking around for a second hand air pistol ( Evan that's not easy in the UK) or even new but still haven't found anything or when I do see something in financially strapped.

There's a field archery club reasonably close to me which I
Keep meaning to get in touch with but I'm not one of life's great joiners

It's just slingshots for me.
Everyone else think there just a toy.

But I know better ????

·
Registered
42 Posts
If not slinging steel ammo, I’m slinging arrows. Archery is my biggest passion. If I’m not shooting my Olympic recurve, then I’m shooting my longbows. Never was a fan of compound bows or crossbows, but they are cool in their own right. I also shoot guns of all types - handguns, shotguns, rifles, black powder, and air guns. Slingshots came about this winter after I got one for a holiday gift. One thing led to another and I found myself on this forum researching ammo, bands, and shooting technique. It didn’t help that I also enjoy tinkering with my 3D printer and I found a plethora of designs online so now I’ve got a half dozen different slingshots sitting on my workbench. I came to realize that the majority of my hobbies involve launching projectiles. A few good friends of mine all admitted that should the zombie apocalypse ever come, they will be running to my house first.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
When not shooting slingshots I might be spending time with airguns, a longbow or recurve. In years gone by I spent much time shooting centerfire rifles, rimfire rifles, handguns, shotguns and blackpowder. Back in the 90s I did some competing with combat handguns and longbows & recurves. I have been fascinated with shooting sports since my pre-teen years.

·
Mojave Mo
5,165 Posts
I've got a gun cabinet filled with the essentials. However if I could only own one firearm it would by my Ruger Blackhawk Single Six 22mag/22lr. I can thread a needle, feed my family, or shoot my way to down the road to a bigger tool if needed. I love that thing!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Mostly Rimfire with a CZ455 17HMR, CZ452 22LR, and a Ruger American 22LR. I sometimes take out my SKS, and I just got a CZ527 in .223 which I have not taken out yet. Im starting to learn how to reload for the .223 . Getting the equipment together to do so. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I forgot to mention my Ruger 1022 Takedown
:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
For the backyard, or camping I've got the cold steel big bore blow gun and various darts, break barrel nitro piston .22 pellet guns, and/or co2 bb pistol cause it's just fun to hear the plink of a can. I enjoy tossing blades and have a few hatchets and tomahawks. I'm also a fan of firearms and have several in a multitude of flavors from .22's to 12ga, and just about every thing between

·
Registered
292 Posts
I shoot a Bowtech Assassin for Deer hunting, and a .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder for pest control and fun.

The .25 Benjamin Marauder is very accurate and I have taken 3 Foxes with it 2 Reds and 1 Grey, I red at 80yds, 1 at 60yds, and a gray at 40yds, all with head shots that dropped them on the spot. Plus dozens of Groundhogs, Pigeons and Red Squirrels.

I like to shoot the Marauder bench rested at 100yds and on a calm day I can fairly consistently get 1.25 inch groups.

And paintballs at 50yds is fun too!

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
For the backyard, or camping I've got the cold steel big bore blow gun and various darts, break barrel nitro piston .22 pellet guns, and/or co2 bb pistol cause it's just fun to hear the plink of a can. I enjoy tossing blades and have a few hatchets and tomahawks. I'm also a fan of firearms and have several in a multitude of flavors from .22's to 12ga, and just about every thing between

I like throwing knives and tomahawks also, and I even have a big old double bladed axe that throws good!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've got a gun cabinet filled with the essentials. However if I could only own one firearm it would by my Ruger Blackhawk Single Six 22mag/22lr. I can thread a needle, feed my family, or shoot my way to down the road to a bigger tool if needed. I love that thing!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Hello,

Yes , Ruger makes fine Revolvers , my old style Ruger Redhawk (blued) in 44 Remington Magnum is the one that I will always go to and it will be the last to be got rid of.

Cheers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I shoot a Bowtech Assassin for Deer hunting, and a .25 caliber Benjamin Marauder for pest control and fun.

The .25 Benjamin Marauder is very accurate and I have taken 3 Foxes with it 2 Reds and 1 Grey, I red at 80yds, 1 at 60yds, and a gray at 40yds, all with head shots that dropped them on the spot. Plus dozens of Groundhogs, Pigeons and Red Squirrels.

I like to shoot the Marauder bench rested at 100yds and on a calm day I can fairly consistently get 1.25 inch groups.

And paintballs at 50yds is fun too!

Hello,

You have some nice air rifles.

But , if you don't already have one you should get yourself a Weihrauch HW30s in 0.177 cal. , these are surely one of the nicest little Springers ever made , (I have 2 , one set up with a telescopic sight , and the other one is set up with "Peep" sights) , every air rifle shooter NEEDS one of these little gems :D :D :D.

Regards.

Cheers.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Пневматическое ружье и пистолет (PSP), короткоствольное огнестрельное оружие запрещено, длинноствольное только в охотничий сезон, со стрельбищами и стрельбищами беды, их практически нет. Я завидую американцам, у них самые лучшие законы Об оружии.

·
Registered
107 Posts

I like throwing knives and tomahawks also, and I even have a big old double bladed axe that throws good!!!
Yeah, I have a couple of cold steel tomahawks, but I think me favorite is this double bit hatchet I got from my father in law... I can't NOT stick it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts