Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity I put my everyday catapult on the scales today. 112.8g including bands and pouch. While bieng quite small it`s made from one of the densest woods available, Ebony. So dense in fact it sinks in water!
So what`s yours weigh?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Out of curiosity I put my everyday catapult on the scales today. 112.8g including bands and pouch. While bieng quite small it`s made from one of the densest woods available, Ebony. So dense in fact it sinks in water!
So what`s yours weigh?
110 grames I´d prefer lighter but ...................

·
Registered
230 Posts
mines is about 120grams but ts a comericial barnet ive taken the wrist suppourt off seem better like this but harder to pull for long

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just put the titanium dancung I`ve bought. Non standard rubber and pouch fitted and coming in at 104.3g (a smidgin under 3.3/4 oz for those in old money!)

Why is no-one concerned with the weight of their catty anyway? I`ve noticed, especially when practicing, that the weight of the wepon can affect accuracy. What do others think?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or is that just me?

A few grammes here and there matter not but there is a limit! I`ve yet to put my heaviest catapult on the scales yet because that`s the one I use yhe least, I wonder why?!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't know what my slingshots weigh, but I prefer the heavier ones over the lighter ones. Of coarse there is the general feel of heft, put I like how heavier slingshots don't seem to reverberate as much thus giving a smoother feel when shooting. Also on stronger bands, it's my personal feel that lighter forks work against me. I like the counter balance or the weight giving what feels like a more stable shooting platform that the heavier forks offer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A fine balance between "heft" and "weight" though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not after the lightest out there or owt, I have allsorts myself and would want not less weight (I think!) than my titanium dankung. That is the lightest one I own rightnow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts