Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still a newb but I am at 3" grouping at 10 yards consistently. This is working for me and might not for you but worth a try if you just got your 1st slingshot.

A couple months back I was getting pretty frustrated and went back to the drawing board. The biggest thing to know and learn is consistency. From tying your equipment together to the release. If you can stand the same , pull the same, pull to the same points , hold the same , and RELEASE THE SAME, your shots will get tighter. You will have to find YOUR ANCHOR POINT, everyone is different so what works for one will not necessarily work for the other. Move your anchor point until you are comfortable with it , dont try and do as others are doing here (as I did) Keep your slingshot parallel to the target. Keep your pouch and ammo perpendicular to the slingshot. Releasing the ammo consistently is also very important and I think Simple Shot has some short videos on this.
After a couple hundred rounds of extending the slingshot out and pulling back and setting my anchor , I just wasnt getting it. Accuracy sucked . I then noticed from watching videos , if I set my anchor point first and then push out the sling shot that it was helping being consistent on my anchor point . Like in this video at 2:40
I have a very long way to go on my quest for accuracy but thought this might help for someone just starting out with their first slingshot and getting frustrated like I did.
Last thing is you have to get out there and shoot. I have went through about 3000-4000 rounds of clay balls in about 4-5 months .

NOT MY VIDEO , JUST SHARING.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I went through the same pain (I think we all did).
It's good that you are now at the point where you are enjoying yourself - got to get over that initial hill.
Regarding anchor and aim points I became frustrated at having to switch around all the time and my experience in competitive shooting has taught me that the worst thing you can do is change some aspect of your hold or your gear.
So now I have an adjustable width slingshot, I use the same anchor and aim point regardless of range, ammo or bands and I shoot better than I have ever shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts