Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a list of what I have seen in my city yard where I am living!
1) Deer
2) Porcupine *
3) Raccoon
4) Opossum *
5) Armadillo
6) Kangaroo rat *
7) Norway rat *
8) Squirrel
9) Fence lizard *
10) Green lizard *
11) Grass snake *
12) Garter snake
13) Glass snake *
14) Fetal cat
15) Tame cat
16) Tame dog *
17) Toad
18) Crayfish
19) Frog
20) Mouse*
• *Indicates animals that were captured (all but the Mouse and Norway rat was released)
• The Opossum, Kangaroo rat and the Porcupine were moved to a new location
• The Tame dog was taken home

·
Registered
855 Posts
That's a real menagerie there, Tex.

I basically only get lizards (both the standard grayish ones and some nearly translucent yellow geckos that've shown up over the last 10 years or so).

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
coyote, groundhogs, skunks, stray cats, garter snake, rabbits, squirrels, rats, mice, chipmunks, raccoons

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Ground Harnet. It took me 18 tries with marbles but I got him. They seem to fly similar to Bumble Bees they too are dificult to shoot out of the air.

·
Registered
525 Posts
i have to wanl about 100 meters and i can see heaps of kangaroos,lizards.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Hey dgui, is Hornet that you speak of get up to about 2 inches long? If so we call them Cicada killer wasp in Texas, but I have never heard of one stinging a person. For those who don't know what we are talking about, you can see a picture on this link. - Tex
http://www.google.co...=og&sa=N&tab=wi
I've had multiple stings from Japanese giant hornets when I stood on a nest hanging my hammock. I took two to the head which distracted me from the third which had a proper good go at my ankle. I was unable to get my boot on and had to hike out to the hospital next morning in flip-flops.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know about that gaint hornet! I am glad we don,t have him here. We do have a couple of very aggressive hornets, but they are a smaller type. -- Tex

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
The big ones mind their own business unless you give them cause to attack. Standing on their home and young 'uns apparently qualifies.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
I keep some bees....but all I can say is OUCH to getting it from giant hornets!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts