Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a smooth fork tip?
The answer to that question depends on what you are looking for. For me when I designed the Nova Star it was longer band life at high velocities. What kind of velocities? Well I am not going to discuss that, but the Nova Star in the hands of the right person can be shot full butterfly with a total draw length of about 79 inches. Needless to say it will honk on! In the picture you can see that the Nova Star has no risers. And the bands meet the top on the fork at about 10 degrees. With the tops of the fork tips hard waxed there is virtually no rubbing or hitting of the bands. This method gives a very long life at modest speeds and very good life at higher speeds. It is just one of the ways to answer the bruising and rubbing of bands shot over the top. Any slapping or rubbing with the fork tips with any style of shooter will decrease band life. The problem with this design is it does not work well with non-extended or short extended fork slingshots. -- Tex

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Interesting attachment. I was looking at another similar one in your gallery I think it was.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a name that Flat band gave to extended fork slingshots like my shooting star line-up! -- Tex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts