Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I need some ideas for a catch box that I can bring with me on trips that is easy to carry and light weight.
I have been using a Job Bag. its one of those bags that comes with a drill/impact set. Mine is Milwaukee but any brand will do. It has a zipper down the middle and a metal rim which keeps it open. Used a strand of paracord to hold up a T-shirt and bent a metal wire around the zipper pull to hang a can off of. I'll look for a picture and pot if I have one, if not I'll take one later and post.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use canvas laundry basket kind of like the one in the photo. Placed on its side it works well. It folds/squashes flat and can be modified to hang a target and cloth to stop bounce out. If you remove 1 handle and reattach it to the bottom end level with the other handle you can then hang the bag by both handles from a branch. I fitted mine with a 1cm diameter rope around the circular entrance to stop any balls from rolling out. The circular shape means all the balls collect nicely.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The ideas above are awesome. Somebody also recently posted about a folding "arbor" (?) box that they turned into a neat catch box. I looked quickly but couldn't find the thread. Several mfg's also sell portable folding catch boxes but I haven't tried any of these.

For the ultimate in portability, I often carry a small canvas sheet and a rope in my backpack. Any fence I find to hang the sheet over, any trees or branches I can run a line between to hang the sheet over, etc. becomes and instant "catch". Although it doesn't actually "catch" the ammo, it does stop it and drop it on the ground in front of the sheet. Not as nice as a catch box but when small and portable is key, like when I go backpacking, this does a good job.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Foldable Box from fabric (enforced with cardboard). Inside I put old clothes, but for better mobility and less weight one could hang mesh into it.

I use it at home, and outside i just hang fabric over a rope, attached to trees...

·
Registered
768 Posts
I just looked for "folding fabric box" on Amazon and got a bunch of stuff like this. A little padding in the back, something like the pillow @Tag recommended, might make a pretty neat box.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
I use a foldable arbor bag and it works awesome. I have no complaints. Been using it for a year now. Here's my video. Hope it helps.

There's the folding arbor box I mentioned! Apologies- I couldn't find the post or remember who put it up, but really glad you added it here. I really like this version of a portable catch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here's what I use when going camping and want a catch box and wash tub combo. Just made a wire frame and strung one of those cheap mattress covers around it. Folds up inside the tub and you can hang a target on the cross piece View attachment 352420 View attachment 352421
Nice. Just make sure someone isn't taking a bath before you start shooting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been using a Job Bag. its one of those bags that comes with a drill/impact set. Mine is Milwaukee but any brand will do. It has a zipper down the middle and a metal rim which keeps it open. Used a strand of paracord to hold up a T-shirt and bent a metal wire around the zipper pull to hang a can off of. I'll look for a picture and pot if I have one, if not I'll take one later and post.
forgot to snap a photo of the catchbox last night. Setting a reminder for tonight!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts