Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

· Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of slingshot vids do you prefer?
Slingshot News Magazine4210.07%
Destruction/Power Demo Videos5112.23%
Tutorials (simple frames)7117.03%
Tutorials (complex slingshots, X-Bows)5212.47%
Reviews of mass production slingshots296.95%
Reviews of handmade commercial slingshots5112.23%
Presentation of handmade non commercial slingshots5112.23%
Small slingshot inventions + enhancements6415.35%
Other (please explain in thread answer)61.44%

· Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, several people have asked me to do more news magazine vids, but most of my viewers on youtube like my how-tos and destruction videos more.

So what do YOU think? I need your input.

Please no more than three choices!

Jörg

· Registered
1,867 Posts
I personally would like to see comparison videos, with different aims in mind eg: this slingshot, is good for targeting, because ... this one is good for power, because ... this one is a good in-betweener, because ... it means you can get hold of different ones and show them for their merits, in all different styles and it's best for a wide audience, beginners and experts alike.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, even though I am not horrible when it comes to hitting the target, I am no tournament shooter and far less accurate than several other members of this forum. Target shooting is simply not my expertise. So I don't feel I am qualified to do target shooting specials, except when I interview people like Jack Koehler and Jim Harris.

Jörg

· Registered
385 Posts
Well, even though I am not horrible when it comes to hitting the target, I am no tournament shooter and far less accurate than several other members of this forum. Target shooting is simply not my expertise. So I don't feel I am qualified to do target shooting specials, except when I interview people like Jack Koehler and Jim Harris.

Jörg
Maybe, but with your slingshot xbows, actual and future?

· Registered
1,867 Posts

Jörg
Maybe, but with your slingshot xbows, actual and future?
[/quote]

And, if you're not too accurate, it might prove a good example of better shooters for it.

· Registered
126 Posts
I like protection against hand slaps in your last vidéo.

I ask me how you do against hand slaps because all your slingshot are very strong ?

I put gloves and I'm construct to me a new sling with protective steel rod, a little bit like your W 8 string (september 2009).

Thank you for your videos, there are all good !

Thomas.

sorry i put 4 choices! too difficult !

· Registered
126 Posts
Well, hitting with the x-bows is boringly easy, like a break barrel air rifle.
Shoot and cut a cig or a pencil at 20m, i woul'dnt find that borring

And if you have the accuracy of a spring air rifle, shoot through a soda can at 75m as i did with mine, and i will be amazed

[/quote]

I am not an expert marksman as others on this forum.
But I shot with any kind of weapon, compressed air, bow, shotgun 12 gauge pump, so any weapon of war when I was in the army ... but I've never take more pleasure than to shot with my slingshots !

· Registered
4,535 Posts
IMMENSELY HELPFUL TO THE BEGINNER VIDEO.

This comes under OTHER. Having a video or even a series of videos that are showing tips, subtleties, and widely used procedures for primary methods. Especially if topics are in an order of what subject would be likely next in making a slingshot.

A PROBLEM FOR ME, when I started to get into slingshots. I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off figuring out what is necessary. and what is the right (a good) way to do something. One thing that was not obvious in my learning is that the band/tube should be stretched before tying. A few frustrating short lived and wasted efforts in tying pouches to bands. QUITE IRRITATING NOT KNOWING AND SUFFERING FROM LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.

As with any trade we do things so second nature we don't realize sometimes how basic a BUT IMPORTANT one little tip is.

I think if each member can remember and post (succinctly for Joergs benefit)one or two areas of frustration or lack of knowledge he or she had when learning and how vital or helpful that tip or unknown information was that they learned.

This may be the best series a newbie could have; a consecutive series from one source, that makes it easy to find a logical order. Nothing too exhaustive but giving people a tried and true method to get them effectively employing methods that work and are simple. They can expand from there.

· Premium Member
3,228 Posts
I think if each member can remember and post (succinctly for Joergs benefit)one or two areas of frustration or lack of knowledge he or she had when learning and how vital or helpful that tip or unknown information was that they learned.
Lack of data or modelling on latex.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.