Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Aimstinctivist
774 Posts
I haven't personally, but I believe the causes have been traced to vitamin deficiencies, late weening, smoking, and excess phosphate within the prefrontal cortex. All treatable, save the late weeners, unless the circumstance is caught and corrected well before prepubescence. It's not formally recognized as a disorder quite yet, but with your help we can get the word out, and get help for the growing number of misguided frameless practitioners. Remember, it's not slingshooting, it's handbanding, and is frowned upon by our Creator... :nono:

·
Banned
1,927 Posts
Someone will always be searching for a way to disenfranchise those who have learned to think outside the forks. No matter what the subject, few will allow others the freedom to be themselves, to move ahead or back from the established norms. I suspect the pickle fork shooters might have gone through the same becoming the in thing to make them the blunt of the jokes. I've just got to give the frameless shooters a tip of the hat for being bold enough to post their new found methods. Not even spell check acknowledges the word frameless.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Honestly, the adrenaline rush, the possibility to smash my fingers with a high speed 3/8 steel ball was too good to pass by. Unfortunately I quickly discovered that I can't get a finger hit, the same way I never got any fork hits, so no adrenaline anymore :( That's the reason I don't shoot much frameless.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
I grew up with frameless slingshots, the first forked one I made when I was some 35 yrs old.

At that time rubbers were not so fast, my reflexes were faster and we used rather large rocks so that the velocity of such projectiles were not so high.. For that reason, probably, I rarely had a hand - or better to say thumb hit, because we used to wrap one band of rubber between index finger and the middle one, and wrap it back and up against the other side of the index finger and press it with the thumb so that the thumb nail was directly exposed if something went wrong, and it did sometimes but I consider it a part of my childhood just as nasty cuts, broken head, being beaten by the kids and so on.

Recently, some months ago, I made the same type of frameless slingshot as I used to but was immediately badly hurt - today's rubbers are very fast, my reflexes are slower and I tried it with very efficient ammo - the laed.

cheers,

jazz

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone will always be searching for a way to disenfranchise those who have learned to think outside the forks. No matter what the subject, few will allow others the freedom to be themselves, to move ahead or back from the established norms. I suspect the pickle fork shooters might have gone through the same becoming the in thing to make them the blunt of the jokes. I've just got to give the frameless shooters a tip of the hat for being bold enough to post their new found methods. Not even spell check acknowledges the word frameless.
it is cool to see the many ways you can make a slingshot now even with just your hands . I guess it's kinda of like guys who ride a unicycle for the challenge of it or maybe they may have trouble finding the materials to make a frame or maybe it's for stealth hunting .

·
Registered
47 Posts
I started shooting frameless out of curiosity. I continue because I can take it anywhere. I make a nice pouch with my initials stamped on it and it make a decent looking bracelet. Unless you are a slinger, you're none the wiser. I wear one everywhere.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Just wondering what the reasons are people get into frameless shooting is it the challenge of it ?
For me it's 4 reasons ... 1 no frame is as pocketable .. lol that's obvious ...

2 I can hunt with it in a pinch ( I Always have one on me)

3 for me it's much more accurate than when i hold a frame .. it's easy to pount your hand at something ... it has been in your body your whole life.. so for me it's very natural and stable

4 I feel like batman when I shoot frameless !!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Great question! I got into frameless because I wanted something compact, pocketable, and easy to carry. I carry one everyday as a bracelet or as a necklace. You can take it anywhere and it's discreet. You forget it's there.

If you are afraid try shooting with light ammo like tin foil, foam nerf ammo, jawbreaker candies, or rubber ammo. Once you can get the hang of your pouch release, move up to steel ammo, and wear a padded glove and keep moving on from there.

I love shooting frameless butterfly.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I shoot only frameless these days, I got into it because I liked the idea of always having a slingshot with me, no hassle of tying bands to forktips, etc. I'm far more accurate frameless than with a frame, I've had a couple of hand hits in 5yrs and each time it was because I was careless and not paying attention to where my fingers were, other then that it is completely safe.
My frameless rugs are now paracord wrapped and I wear them as bracelets, completely covert as it were! Plus the paracord 'deadens' the bands and makes them completely silent without affecting speed

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wondering what the reasons are people get into frameless shooting is it the challenge of it ?
3 for me it's much more accurate than when i hold a frame .. it's easy to pount your hand at something ... it has been in your body your whole life.. so for me it's very natural and stable
what about ammo? ? Or do you shoot rocks that you find with them ?

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I do shoot rocks also .. but I usually make sure they are spherical .. and I prefer a bigger pouch and slower .. heavier draw old school bands .. I will make a video on the subject

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts
I was waiting for my "real" slingshot to arrive and found this piece of blue rubber band that they wrap around your arm when you have blood drawn. I tied the ends together with a piece of plastic cord and started shooting frameless and pouchless. For ammo I used airsoft bbs and cut up mardi grad beads. I was surprised it seemed to work pretty well without a pouch. I got a few fork hits but this setup is so light it was mostly just annoying. I set up a quick catch box and target and was able to hit 7/10 on a roughly can size target (the middle ring) from about 13 feet away. It was fun and scratched the itch while i was waiting for my frames to arrive.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do shoot rocks also .. but I usually make sure they are spherical .. and I prefer a bigger pouch and slower .. heavier draw old school bands .. I will make a video on the subject
cool looking forward to seeing that all your videos are great btw

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
cool looking forward to seeing that all your videos are great btw
Thanks pal ! Means a bunch

·
Registered
475 Posts
Honestly, the adrenaline rush, the possibility to smash my fingers with a high speed 3/8 steel ball was too good to pass by. Unfortunately I quickly discovered that I can't get a finger hit, the same way I never got any fork hits, so no adrenaline anymore :( That's the reason I don't shoot much frameless.
same!

·
Registered
475 Posts
that just about sums it up:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts