Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a ttf slingshot, and i am having trouble shooting it. It is extremely inaccurate and hard for me to shoot. I tried hitting a balloon amd couldnt hit it. Then i got my antler slingshot and hit it second try.
So i made another ott slingshot ( will be posting pictures soon ) and took the bands off the inacurate slingshot and pit it on the new ott. I hit a clothespine off the clothesline first shot.

The only differences i can see is ott or ttf and i was using the same band. I have nothing against ttf and i really like them.

So what could be the reason in inaccuracy?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,726 Posts
one thing that may help for aiming purposes, that makes total sense to me and that I've seen @Bill Hays do, is he

draws a line in pen at the fork tips, in the center of the flat bands, to use as an aiming reference. ( much like using the

bands themselves when shooting OTT and keeping the top band superimposed over and in line with the bottom band )

·
Ray Rowden
2,462 Posts
As mentioned above, keep slinging the ammo!

There are probably thing you are doing successfully on the OTT side that can transfer to TTF shooting.

Shooting a paper target of any kind is often helpful when changing a shooting technique or setup. If you can hit a clothespin, you are probably grouping your shots. The paper can help you figure out where the group is with the TTF vs. where it is with the OTT set-up.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Answering the original question, and as many forum members observed, "What makes a slingshot more accurate?" - the shooter!

The only thing that can make a slingshot more accurate is you, through practice, practice, and more practice.

Also agree with what KawKan said - shoot paper. While it is fun to shoot cans, targets of opportunity, and random oddments, paper will show you exactly where you are hitting (or not hitting). I think it was Billy Sing (or maybe even Abdul the Terrible) who observed "Paper don't lie."

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
It could just be your bands are inconsistent - assuming you didn't change those on the TTF - may simply be a setup issue.

Great advise from everyone though :)

·
Neophyte
2,005 Posts
One thing that helps me to be more accurate with one slingshot over another is reference points on the frame that allow me to grip it the same every time. I like to have a corner or point on the left side of the frame that settles into the gap at the base of my first and middle finger. If a frame has that I can maintain a repeatable grip so the frame is aligned the same from shot to shot. Just my $0.02 :)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Great advice already! I don't know if you are in the habit of flipping the wrist when shooting OTT but when switching from OTT to TTF it can be tempting to still flip the wrist. I usually recommend practicing a more static technique.

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
There's a video on YouTube of a young Chinese girl shooting an oversized raw tree fork with the bands tied halfway between the forks. And she's hitting a small spinner with no problems. Don't think it's the slingshot it's usually the shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts