Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s oak it’s dead it’s hard as fuck..I’ve got this far but now I’ve hit a wall.. what design frame would you choose???..it’s probably about 50mm thick and big enough to take any frame up to about 100mm wide. Cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
I see your busy resawing forks. The smaller one would make a nice Chalice or Fox. The larger one, the sky's the limit.
If want to throw a wrench into the works, curve them. It's quite challenging and so comfortable in the hand. Ooooo a curvy Fox.
I'm gonna mess around and get myself going here. LoL

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joe the pics a bit misleading the two smaller pieces are off cuts not really large enough for much..I’ve cut a couple of forks ready for templates but can’t decide what to do with them..this oak is perfect for a full size frame thought it would be cool to get a bit of input from the forum for some inspiration. I like the sound of a curved [email protected] had fun popping pine cones the weekend with my ibojoe backflip chalice..it’s spot on????

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No doubt the Hare Splitter Lite with an extended handle is on your mind.
I just received such beast from Luck Over Skill. I won't photograph it until I conclude the ceremony.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Congratulations bro.. this I like the sound of but I'd need pics from all angles! I'd see bits of your new crush that I don't think you'd be happy to share! Not this early in the relationship:)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good shout dude!

I took a bit from all and made this start on toddy's mule..scaled down..ergo..straight(ish) wrist

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is how it’s ended up..the dead oak has some nice grain and colours I couldn’t get decent pics really need some daylight

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts