Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need a little advice please
i do a lot of shooting' (air rifle) but i have found a need for a slingshot'
i need something for confined spaces (stables) that will not spook the horse's and a slingshot seems the right choice for the rats' so if someone could point me in the right direction i would be grateful.
the horses will be out of the stables btw'

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
loads of advice on here about making a natural also a load of good venders,uk vendors in particular would be,gamekeeper catapults,trophy,milbro uk (if ive missed anyone my apollogies) as well as more than a few excellent US vendors,the choice when you look into it is staggering

marcus sr

·
Registered
59 Posts
Flat bands can be quite loud, especially when doubled up, that might be a consideration if noise is an issue.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
To kill rats in a confined space it doesn't take much power. So buy yourself a slingshot that seems to strike your fancy, flatbands cut light are nice and there's some small tubeshooters as well that work well for the purpose.
In particular you might like to check out "Trophy Slingshots" on ebay uk for the tubeshooter and either Milbro or Gamekeeper John for flatband shooters.
Just remember to band it up light and you'll be happy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The easiest way to get rid of rats and mice is to get yourself a cat or two. The rodents smell the cats and will stay away.

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
I have noticed that flatbands seem louder on the shot than tubes and may be a disadvantage when hunting or around spooky animals. Though I only shoot flatbands and hunt myself, so maybe it doesn't matter. Make your own slingshot, it is simple and rewarding- especially after you nail your first rat! Lots of good info on here on how to do so.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
I know this is the slingshotforum and all, but in a confined space with minimal noise a blowgun would get the job done better in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts