Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
1,018 Posts
depends on th size of the pouch but i think that for a powerful slingshot designed with hunting in mind a 12 or 14 mm steel ball is the best because you still get a high velocity but there is still plenty of weight for when it hits the target.

· Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
I use 1/2 inch steel for target and 44 cal. lead if hunting as they both weigh the same! The 1/2 Steel is easier on the backstop and not as nasty as lead. I have found no MM shot that does this! -- Tex

Reactions: 10.1k and MakoPat

· Banned
850 Posts
On doit chercher pour les balles propre. Il y a sur l'internet, surement.

The vote failed to specify the medium. For all around use, I shoot .36 lead, though I'd like to have larger, say 10-14mm.

Not to get off topic, but why is it so difficult to quote or edit a post now? Seems I have to use the full editor to make any small change- and quotes? Unless I include EVERY quote from the entire thread forget it.

· Premium Member
4,811 Posts
Not to get off topic, but why is it so difficult to quote or edit a post now? Seems I have to use the full editor to make any small change- and quotes? Unless I include EVERY quote from the entire thread forget it.
What issue are you having? I just hit the quote button on the bottom right of your post to quote the above (then I just removed the unrelated text).

· Over 9001 Warning Points!
1,953 Posts
I use 3/8", 7/16" steel .50 lead that i mold, and 5/8" steel. mostly 7/16 and 5/8" steel.

· Banned
850 Posts
Anyway the duplicate quotes have ceased for the moment. When I would try to remove it, the program would tell me I had removed more quotes than there were originally and would utterly refuse to do it. I don't get it?

I've been shooting a lot of .32 lead. Not a popular choice, but I like it's pellet gun like behavior.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.