Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three sling types I really like, none of them really expensive and one you can no longer buy. I chose these because they are no frill slings, nothing fancy at all, can handle any tubes you can put on them, and one is easily adaptable to flats. Of these three in reality the second one is a slingshot that does everything and can be used for tossing big rocks, to 3/4 oz lead.

What slings are your, If I had only one sling !!

The Original Cheapo is the right size to keep on you and can handle any rubber you put on it, I have shot it with looped 1745's and elastic that is harder to pull then this. The fork is wide enough for any situation you may wish.

Trade%201%20Cheapo%20sm.png

The Daisy F-16, IMHO a great, great slingshot that is very versatile can be adapted to flats as well as tubes, I have mine many times set up with Gypsy tabs. This sling will handle any tubes and for a while I shot blueberry Dub Dub ... VERY powerful tubes when I was shooting 3/4Oz lead sinkers and sending thru sheet rock at 30 yards !!

F16%20Camo%20sm.png

Last but certainly not least is the old Luck Ring, made of stainless steel it is tough as a tank, have shoot looped 1745's and 1/2 diameter lead, steel or ? out of it. It is flat and very easy to carry. It is a bit heavy for its size because it is made so very well.

Luck%20Ring%202%20New%20Tubes%20sm.png

All three in these pics are loaded up with looped Black 1745 from Dankung I believe from a few years ago.

wll

·
Premium Member
10,752 Posts
They are very solid, well crafted and shoot as good as anything I've ever shot. They are very rugged and Compact but handle the big stuff easily. Anywhere I go on the farm I have 2 of them. Sometimes I mix and match. 1 with short bands and 1 with butterfly bands and 20 pieces of lead or 7/16 steel.
Makes quick work of snakes.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I have three sling types I really like, none of them really expensive and one you can no longer buy. I chose these because they are no frill slings, nothing fancy at all, can handle any tubes you can put on them, and one is easily adaptable to flats. Of these three in reality the second one is a slingshot that does everything and can be used for tossing big rocks, to 3/4 oz lead.

The Original Cheapo is the right size to keep on you and can handle any rubber you put on it, I have shot it with looped 1745's and elastic that is harder to pull then this. The fork is wide enough for any situation you may wish.

Trade%201%20Cheapo%20sm.png

The Daisy F-16, IMHO a great, great slingshot that is very versatile can be adapted to flats as well as tubes, I have mine many times set up with Gypsy tabs. This sling will handle any tubes and for a while I shot blueberry Dub Dub ... VERY powerful tubes when I was shooting 3/4Oz lead sinkers and sending thru sheet rock at 30 yards !!

F16%20Camo%20sm.png

Last but certainly not least is the old Luck Ring, made of stainless steel it is tough as a tank, have shoot looped 1745's and 1/2 diameter lead, steel or ? out of it. It is flat and very easy to carry. It is a bit heavy for its size because it is made so very well.

All three in these pics are loaded up with looped Black 1745 from Dankung I believe from a few years ago.

wll
wer you get that bottom 1 wll

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,272 Posts

Last but certainly not least is the old Luck Ring, made of stainless steel it is tough as a tank, have shot looped 1745's and 1/2 diameter lead, steel or ? out of it. It is flat and very easy to carry. It is a bit heavy for its size because it is made so very well.

wll
wer you get that bottom 1 wll
That is an older Luck Ring. I have a few of them and they are some of my most prized slingshots. The are very slim, very, very strong and they just work. I have used them as a EDC frame and a fun shooter frame. Dankung stopped making them a few years ago like this, and the new ones are not the same at all. This frame with looped 1745 and 40 cal lead or the 3/8 oz lead oval sinkers that I used to carry will straiten you up for sure !!

wll

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
When it comes to shooting slingshots with larger ammo and more "oomph", this is what I use: homemade 8 mm bent rod slingshots, one made of stainless steel and the other of regular but blued steel.

The bluing was done by a local gunsmith, whereas the grips and fork inserts are made of beechwood,

These "bad boys" will handle up to 16 mm steel ammo quite happily with the right band sets.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
If I had no other hunting tool and I had to put food on the table tonight, I would go with one of these three. All are interchangeable I can drive nails with each and have filled the pot with each on a single outing.

The ugly duckling

fZjyzCy.jpg

Dr09Q69.jpg

The spalted driftwood

hGcbTj4.jpg

The roasted birch

2API1uG.jpg

All three are comfy, simple and proven meatmakers.

Msturm

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
For serious work (I don't hunt mammals or birds, btw... only reptiles/looters/trespassers) there is only one I have 100% trust in.

It can shoot any ammo with complete safety. It never strains the wrist. It is the most accurate and the most powerful I got. It can change bands/pouches in seconds.

https://slingshotforum.com/topic/123000-the-mighty-industrial-the-battle-tank-of-slingshots/

It will soon be taken apart (it's designed for that) and turned into a starship.

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
I will shoot anything, But I prefer my LBS by J5, Scout Lt by Nathan Masters, and Y Pocket Shooter design by Dragon Master.

But lately I have been shooting a frame gifted to me by Dan Hood. It kind of handles like the Scout or Pocket Parasite.

And I have a boat load of natties I will never part with... And gappers. I love gappers.

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
I will shoot anything, But I prefer my LBS by J5, Scout Lt by Nathan Masters, and Y Pocket Shooter design by Dragon Master.

But lately I have been shooting a frame gifted to me by Dan Hood. It kind of handles like the Scout or Pocket Parasite.

And I have a boat load of natties I will never part with... And gappers. I love gappers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
LBS Gen2
PP S.E.R.E.
One of a variety of natty's
Frameless sets

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Reactions: hoggy
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.