Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fork from an unknown dead tree..pic before carving with another frame from the same tree..any ideas??....treeman?!???? Wood Bedrock Art Grass Sculpture
Wood Plant Bedrock Road surface Grass
Wood Trunk Natural material Human leg Foot
Purple Textile Natural material Magenta Vegetable

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry mate I didn’t really explain that well..the last pic is the raw fork this fox was carved from..I’m trying to work out the species..you might be able to tell when you see it in the flesh????

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
That's a really nice Fox with the nicest band grooves ever. Awesome job.
I've cut into pecan that had that grayish color. The bark matches up too but don't know if you guys even have pecan there.
What ever it is it looks delicious.
The bark and figure ressemble hickory, maple (my guess), ash (runner up guess), or pecan.

No chance you remember where you harvested it? Could look and see what trees are standing.

Also... outstanding makery.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I've cut into pecan that had that grayish color. The bark matches up too but don't know if you guys even have pecan there.
The bark and figure ressemble hickory, maple (my guess), ash (runner up guess), or pecan.

No chance you remember where you harvested it? Could look and see what trees are standing.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers joe..I'm not sure if there is pecan in the woods I found this..under the bark was almost metallic gray!!

Haha love the title of this post .. i dont know what kind of wood .. maybe maple .. but i do know it's a super great frame called the FOX! :)
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Haha..cheers mate ????

I'd have to look at it a little closer.....send it so I can get a better look!! :naughty: That is nice!
Cheers d but not this one..it's called for..if you want to do swap on another mate we can work something for a dsl natty????

Wow!
The craftsmanship on that fork is top notch.
I'm calling the dark areas spalting. And the spalted circles on both fork tips are jaw-droppers!
My guess on the tree species - Ash. But that's a guess.
Thanks kk..I think ash is a good contender

I do know the spot, now there's leaves on the trees a visit might help..90% are pine with a few birch..this was on the edge of the forest near the road..near an oak tree..it's not pine oak or birch lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts