Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use the small scissor , dont work well.
what tool do you use to cut theraband? Very appreciated for a url link or image of it.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Here is what you want to use. You can find it in any fabric store or department like Wal Mart.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I second that. A roll cutter is the best method. And replace the blade as soon as you notice that it is not cutting the bands all the way through.

Jörg

·
Registered
230 Posts
would ike to ask what can i use to cut a comercial tubing i have some tools at home which i can use but i have now idea wouls a copper pipe cuuter work,
one of my bands broke and i was thinking of cutting it a couple of cm short should be an ok size

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
would ike to ask what can i use to cut a comercial tubing i have some tools at home which i can use but i have now idea wouls a copper pipe cuuter work,
one of my bands broke and i was thinking of cutting it a couple of cm short should be an ok size
I would just use a new razor blade to cut slowly through the tube. Anything else might not cut it cleanly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thought buying such a roll cutter would be easy but after visiting two office supply shops, two craft shops and one hardware store I came up empty handed. Looks like I have to buy it online.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you tried a fabric shop?
Well no, I didn't even thought about that. But after my search on the net and your reply I think this would have been they way to go. Now I got me some on ebay. Anyway I'm just tinkering away on a cardboard template for my slingshot so I can wait a little for it to arrive.

Thanks a lot for the tip anyway.

·
Registered
230 Posts
What would happen if i melted part of my band to sorten it? would casue any damage it will not be put to direct heat but a heated metal.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Hey p4v, I've cut lots of tubing for my slingshots with a pair of scissors, it works just fine. Cutting tubing straight across is a no worries situation. Just cut it with whatever you have. Dip the end of the tubing in rubbing alcohol and slip it on your fork tip, making sure you keep the pouch lined up, then dip the other tube and slip it on the same way, again making sure the pouch is straight and tubes are same length from tip to pouch after you have them both on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts