Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Resigned
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished this my second Aluminium PFS, then received in the mail today some 1/4" Baltic Birch from dgui. I cut several 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" blanks from this lovely ply for more PFS's and found I had a bit left over. I decided to shape it to make a thin palm swell to possibly mount on the metal and just wanted some opinons on this from you guys. Should I stick to dgui's original PFS concept of flat, plain and functional design, or try something a bit different ? If I go with the ply it would be stained mahogany and given several polly coats. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Resigned
1,825 Posts
whoa thats a good idea.. i have some 3mm metal , i think its stainless, that i wanted to make into something like marrying metal to wood palmswell. this looks great..

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
I might actually be able to shoot your version of the pfs. It actually contains somewhat of a throat.

·
Resigned
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought perhaps aluminium pins to match the frame, but I agree with you brass would go better with the dark wood

·
Resigned
1,087 Posts
Update : Oiled and burned the ply, big mistake as the different layers separated later. I removed it and am going to look for a thin slice of exotic solid wood to make a palm swell. You live and learn I suppose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts