Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody !!
I have received 1 meter of 1745 tubing from Jeff(Thanks Jeff) and I connected them as the follow;
1. I cut 24 cm(both side 24-24) tube then looped it through the pouch so both ends of the tube are at the fork then I tied it.Unfortunetly the pouch cut the tubing within 50 shots lol
2..The tube was not fully cut through so I could change it and put the tube ends to the pouch and tied it there both end at the pouch.Problem was that this way my 24 cm tube was allready short so
the leftover tubing I wanna make them the right way. What do you recommend? I suppose #2 is good .
I am using the slingshot what you can see in my avatar.
Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hello everybody !!
I have received 1 meter of 1745 tubing from Jeff(Thanks Jeff) and I connected them as the follow;
1. I cut 24 cm(both side 24-24) tube then looped it through the pouch so both ends of the tube are at the fork then I tied it.Unfortunetly the pouch cut the tubing within 50 shots lol
2..The tube was not fully cut through so I could change it and put the tube ends to the pouch and tied it there both end at the pouch.Problem was that this way my 24 cm tube was allready short so
the leftover tubing I wanna make them the right way. What do you recommend? I suppose #2 is good .
I am using the slingshot what you can see in my avatar.
Thanks
Use double loop snare knots on the fork and the pouch.

Easy to adjust and they will hold fine.

When everything is adjusted, you can leave it or cut it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have made the last set of tubes today. over the top style .
Unfortunetly within few shots the bands showed significant wear at the forktip(4 strands 3 of them had wear). The forktips are allright as I used thera gold on it and never had a wear there.
I guess tubes are more sensitive to wear then thera gold. Tubes might last long on stainless steal dankungs if there are absolutely scratchless but as soon as you get a little scratch they will be gone.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Tubes are more durable than flats I have attatched tubes over the top before and did not have a problem with them the attachment method I reccommend and. use is for fixed tubing and works very well. I cut slots in the sides of the forks for a quick change if one of the tubes should snap which obviously happens occasionally,here are a couple of pictures to show how.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.