• cheek bone

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • ear lobe

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • behind ear up to half butterfly

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • full butterfly

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • other (please explain below as I don't know all the variations of anchor points we all use)

Votes: 4 18.2%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been involved in slingshots since the winter of Covid, so I'm still trying all different kinds of techniques & watching videos to try and figure out how the best shooters shoot. Seems there's a whole lot of different styles from the video's I've watched - the serious target guys like Nathan and Fowler seem to hold on the cheek bone & use a shorter draw, alot of the more experienced shooters and speed guys like a long draw with no hold point (instinctive), and I'm sure there are many others in between. I'd be curious what each of our preferred hold style is & tried to list all the options I could think of ...

·
Premium Member
9,585 Posts
I don’t really think there are many short cuts on anchor points. Find what works for you that you can perfectly duplicate shot after shot.
for me it’s full butter with a cheek anchor ( band touching my cheek)
Enjoy the slingshot journey! It will take you all over the place. lol 😂

·
Registered
303 Posts
I suppose I shoot a slingshot like a rifle or bow , anchor point is essentially the rear sight , the frame the front sight. Short draw I anchor below the ear at the back of the jaw , butterfly becomes a floating anchor on the cheek bone. I adjust for elevation and distance with the frame instinctively.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've only been involved in slingshots since the winter of Covid, so I'm still trying all different kinds of techniques & watching videos to try and figure out how the best shooters shoot. Seems there's a whole lot of different styles from the video's I've watched - the serious target guys like Nathan and Fowler seem to hold on the cheek bone & use a shorter draw, alot of the more experienced shooters and speed guys like a long draw with no hold point (instinctive), and I'm sure there are many others in between. I'd be curious what each of our preferred hold style is & tried to list all the options I could think of ...

I plant my knuckle at my Jaw hinge, I might add that I plant my anchor, and then extend my left hand. Work better for me

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I use a floating anchor where the bands just slightly graze my face as I draw a couple inches past my ear. With this I make minor adjustments up or down to adjust for elevation.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Depending on the elevation needed and the frame I anchor anywhere from the corner of my mouth up to just below my cheek bone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello
I use a couple of different anchors for different frames. I have a short bend set and I stick my index finger to the corner of my mouth, which will give me consistency. Some frame I Touch my nose with my thumb again this will give me consistency.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts