Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've avoided pseudo tapers until now because they seem to snap at the loop end/close to the forks. Scary stuff.
Is it always possible to tell when tubes are in Snap City due to wear? Did you ever get hit in the face?

·
Registered
356 Posts
It starts out looking rough and chafed. That turns into a little hole which grows until it's hanging by a thread. Usually happens closer to the pouch than the pseudo loop.

I've only been snapped in the face by rubber bands. Those tend to let go with little warning after only a handful of shots.

Reactions: Tag and hoggy

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
As was said, watch your tubes for signs of wear and damage. I sometimes get a small tear in the tube close to the taper loop. This sometime happens when I'm shooting them close to max stretch. Sometimes the tear happens at the pouch end. Toss the tubes when you see a tear or split.

I have never been smacked by a broken tube. They often break after the shot rather than during the draw.

·
Registered
475 Posts
As was said, watch your tubes for signs of wear and damage. I sometimes get a small tear in the tube close to the taper loop. This sometime happens when I'm shooting them close to max stretch. Sometimes the tear happens at the pouch end. Toss the tubes when you see a tear or split.

I have never been smacked by a broken tube. They often break after the shot rather than during the draw.
that is so strange isn't it?

·
Amateur
2,571 Posts
They often break after the shot rather than during the draw.
Kinda freaked me out the first few times this happened. The shot goes off just fine, but when I look down to reload only one side of the bandset is attached. Well, guess it's time for a new set. I'd love to see a slow motion of this type of failure to see just how this phenomenon occurs.

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
In my experience, When tubes break they tend to stack against their own structure and rear up. Basically reverting to their natural shape. When bands break, there is a whip like action where the tip accelerates past the anchor point on the same plane as they fold over themselves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts