Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I received a package in the mail today for PawPaw and was going to send him a PM and thank him, but I thought it might be better if I did it in the public forum.

I had asked Perry (PawPaw) to make a few of his PFS' that I could send to the troops who are serving overseas. I thought that a few would be good so that they could have their own little competitions, and who knows, it could be the first time a taliban was maimed with a PFS.

In any case when the package arrived today, there were seven little shooters, and a small laminate as a gift for me. We all know the folks on this forum are thoughful, helpful and very giving...everyone I know here is more than happy to share with others....genorisity seems to be a core value of the members of this forum.

These will be in the mail tomorrow morning on their way to CAS who will be sending them overseas on our (SSF) behalf.

So Perry, thanks a bunch...Your genorisity is larger than a pickle barrel.

Cheers and regards,

Joe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
That's great Joe. Perry is a #1 guy, and so are you!

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Dude. I want in on the next order. Will we get pictures of the troops with their new weapons of mass destruction?

You are a nice fella, Joe. You ever get down this way you got a fishing trip waiting on you. Gratis, my man. That means free, or on the house. Like welfare, only I ain't triple billing the taxpayers with jobs.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am blown away. Sofreto, with minimal vetting for security purposes, a phone call would do it, I would be happy to provide the two FPO addresses, if you want to ship direct. I ship boxes anyway so I can throw them in, but I want to ensure that they know yet another American cares. If you send 'em to me, consider enclosing two notes or email me and I will transcribe your words.

The first two slingshots (Scouts) were mailed last Monday, and should reach them by the end of this week. I am now customizing six more Scouts with the Marine Corps' Eagle, Globe, and Anchor (EGA). Just put one in my gallery. Nathan's safety tips were much appreciated.

They are going to be impressed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Is this PawPawSailor? If so, I need to personally thank him too.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Please be straight up. I am not easily offended, and I prefer candid responses. After the Corps, all things in life are in perspective. PawPaw, would it offend you if I epoxied the gold EGAs you may have seen onto your slingshots? I bought a drill press and made a jig just for this. OK with me either way. If OK, should I countersink about 1/16" for stability or might the forstner bit chip the margins?

Thank you so much. I will ask for pics. If they ding a Taliban, I will request that we all share the credit!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thank you so much. They are going to love 'em, and more importantly they will know that someone besides Mama cares.

BTW, anyone who is fully committed to other causes than my own, but why would like to send a note to these Marines, I can easily add such things to the boxes that some of us old Anglicans ship to the current generation.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
I have a couple I could part with. Especially for a Pliny fan!
The little Sweet Midgets are made from solid red oak. You can see the photo posted by Sofreto. I don't think the emblem would pose a problem, and I think it would be a great addition.
NAY! Those shooters were made from solid LOVE!
I'll go through my collection and pick a few to sweeten the pot. Send me an address, CAS.

·
Registered
330 Posts
FYI: For five years a few of the older (Vietnam) 1st ANGLICO Marines have been sending boxes to the three active duty ANGLICO Companies, that until recently were rotating every seven months with about a month of overlap with lead elements. Since the drawdown began it is confusing to me. Now there are platoon-sized detachments from two of the three ANGLICOs, 20-30 each. They will be there another six+ months, and the third ANGLICO may move in then, depending on the China-Japan developments, I'm guessing.

So, by mid week I will have sent eight. Six to ten are promised. I will buy more Scouts. Should we reach 40, that's about all we need untill the third ANGLICO arrives this Summer. Guess I'm dreaming.

Anyway, if the desire to support the troops exceeds the number of this small, elite unit, there are plenty of good options. MarineParents.com and your nearest Blue Star Mothers regularly assemble local volunteers, and they solicit local businesses, and then box and ship tons of goods. Those are cost effective organizations that ship regularly.

Also, many of you must have neighbors, friends, or family who have loved ones in harms way.

Should another twenty or so total for ANGLICO, until next summer, consider those other options for supporting the warriors who guarantee that I can enjoy a cold one while shooting my slingshot out on the porch.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CAS...

The package was mailed this past Friday, USPS Priority. You should receive it tomorrow, but since you are in Tulsa, it may take a month or so. There is a one page letter in the package, if you send the shooters in two packages, feel free to copy the letter.

Cheers, joe

·
Registered
330 Posts
Roger that, I will copy the letter.
These are going to 1st ANGLICO and to 2d ANGLICO.

How did you know how bad the mail service is here in Tulsa?

Thank you very much, Joe. I know they are going to love these.

Semper Fi,

Vance

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well, I received a package in the mail today for PawPaw and was going to send him a PM and thank him, but I thought it might be better if I did it in the public forum.

I had asked Perry (PawPaw) to make a few of his PFS' that I could send to the troops who are serving overseas. I thought that a few would be good so that they could have their own little competitions, and who knows, it could be the first time a taliban was maimed with a PFS.

In any case when the package arrived today, there were seven little shooters, and a small laminate as a gift for me. We all know the folks on this forum are thoughful, helpful and very giving...everyone I know here is more than happy to share with others....genorisity seems to be a core value of the members of this forum.

These will be in the mail tomorrow morning on their way to CAS who will be sending them overseas on our (SSF) behalf.

So Perry, thanks a bunch...Your genorisity is larger than a pickle barrel.

Cheers and regards,

Joe
Gentlemen, they arrived today. Coincidently, I had filled a box each for 1st and 2d ANGLICO and addressed the boxes, but not taped them shut. So I split them up 4/3, copied Joe's kind letter, packed all that in two one-gallon ziplocs with an explanation of why seven PFs aren't in the bag.

These will ship in the morning on the way to work, and I will request photos. An email on Sunday thanked me for some boxes received over a month ago, with an apology for responding slowly, and explaining that they are kept very busy. I can only imagine.

Thank all of you for your generosity!

Semper Fi

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.