Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the search feature, honest I did. I just can't seem to get a straight answer.
Where would I go to get one of those newfangled nail head feihu forks in the States. One of the cheap plastic ones, preferably. Not that I don't like nice things, but a summer abroad has greatly diminished available funds.
Anyway, is there a US source for them? I hate ordering stuff from China and having to wait a month for it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I realize OP has been taken care of but in response to his question, I don't think Feihu style slingshots are available through US sellers. I've only seen them on eBay, Aliexpress, and GZK. They always seem to be sellers based out of China.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I realize OP has been taken care of but in response to his question, I don't think Feihu style slingshots are available through US sellers. I've only seen them on eBay, Aliexpress, and GZK. They always seem to be sellers based out of China.
That's all I was coming up with, too.
It looks like Fowler sells some g10 ones, but they're pretty heavily marked up.
They do come with a signed baseball card, though :rolleyes:

·
aka CYBORG
1,997 Posts
'I hate ordering stuff from China and having to wait a month for it.'

M.J - depends on which store you order from. Many have a 19-39 day shipping window (admittedly that's torture), a few boast of 12-20 day turn around, and this one claims 8-15 shipping in an email, so I ordered two. As the Trumpet says -"We'll see what happens".

Aside from a great price, these POM models are a true 'classic Feihu' shape. There are a ton of nuanced Feihu models that according to some, compromise the perfect comfort of the classic shape. I was given a cheap resin classic model and have never been so impressed by a frame style, which is why I ordered the POMs.

https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/New-arrival-rubber-band-for-slingshot-closer-spring-outdoor-bird-closer-spring-wooden-stainless-steel-slingshot/32660223871.html

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those look really good. I'll check out this one is have coming and see how I like it before I take the plunge.
Maybe if somebody wants to make an order and needs an add on to get free shipping or something they can hit me up :thumbsup:

·
Banned
193 Posts
Mailed it this morning with an expected arrival date of Saturday. Yes this one came from China off eBay. With about a 4 week shipping process. It has the green bands it came with tied on with one of those tiny little pouches but did well shooting 3/8 and better shooting 5/16. That little nail head fork is a natural aiming sight aid. If I was a wood carver, this one would make a great pattern for a carved frame. It is thick enough to give a nice ergo grip.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Mailed it this morning with an expected arrival date of Saturday. Yes this one came from China off eBay. With about a 4 week shipping process. It has the green bands it came with tied on with one of those tiny little pouches but did well shooting 3/8 and better shooting 5/16. That little nail head fork is a natural aiming sight aid. If I was a wood carver, this one would make a great pattern for a carved frame. It is thick enough to give a nice ergo grip.
Yep, aiming with a feihu is as intuitive as it can be. The only drawback I've found, is that they aren't suited for a fixed anchor due to their narrow fork width.
I gather that MJ is shooting floating anchor, so it will be a perfect fit for him.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again, man!
Yeah, I'll tie on some of the simple shot die cut bands I have coming. They're about 10" active length, so I can get 3/4 buttafly with them.

·
Registered
745 Posts
That's all I was coming up with, too.
It looks like Fowler sells some g10 ones, but they're pretty heavily marked up.
They do come with a signed baseball card, though :rolleyes:
The ones that Fowler caries are very nice and do indeed have Fiehu fork style forks. I bought 4 of them (2 Red & 2 Blue) when GZK had them. I think they are well worth the money being made of TC21 titanium and G-10 and all exhibit outstanding build quality. If you want to experience the way the classic Fiehu models feel in the hand, the one Fowler carries will not give you that feel. Still a great slingshot and I think fairly cheap for what they are. The shape on these is symmetrical from front to back meaning the only difference between the shooter side and target side is determined by how you band it. The classic Fiehu fork handle feels a lot better in my hand than these. I appreciate the material quality a lot but it's not near as comfortable in the hand as the classic shape. When GZK stocked these he only offered blue or red but had pictures of one on gray. I asked him to find me the gray ones if possible as they were discontinued.

GZK found me two beautiful gray ones that are a bit smaller and have a stainless core instead of titanium. The gray ones do have an obviously shaped front and back. I really love them but the handle shape is still different than the classic models. Short story. The G-10 and titanium or G-10 and stainless models have nothing less than perfect craftsmanship but they do not follow the shape of the classic design. Please don't take this wrong, I'm glad I own them all and would happily buy them again for the build quality and beauty alone. I just prefer the feel of the traditional shape in my hand. All I have that follow the traditional handle shape at present are molded HDPE that cost under $5 but they feel and shoot fantastic.

I will be buying a wooden one with stainless fork caps in the near future to retain the classic shape in a more traditional build.

I also have one of each color of the POM (Delrin) ones that Alfred E.M. linked to from Aliexpress. The finish on them is smooth but they do not have a slippery feeling to them. They follow the traditional shaped handle and being solid POM you could run over them with a truck and cause no damage. They are not as flashy as the G-10 and titanium models but are very comfortable to shoot and about as indestructible as any slingshot can be. If they stocked the coffee color I would have bought that one as well.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yep, aiming with a feihu is as intuitive as it can be. The only drawback I've found, is that they aren't suited for a fixed anchor due to their narrow fork width.
I gather that MJ is shooting floating anchor, so it will be a perfect fit for him.
I shoot mine with a fixed anchor. If you mean point of impact will be high (by a lot sometimes) at 10 meters you are perfectly correct. I shoot with a traditional archery style anchor and can hit just as well with the narrow forks as wide forks. I just figure out how high the impact point is and compensate by aiming low. It does take a couple or three shots to get dialed in after shooting a wide fork but it's doable and with some practice it's highly repeatable. I need to learn to shoot with a floating anchor but until I start shooting outdoors again I'm sticking with what I know puts all the balls in the barrel safely. Unless of course I have a moment of stupidity like a few nights ago and decide to see what happens if I tried holding the slingshot vertical just once.... once was enough. I don't need to pee on that electric fence again.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The traditional shape is definitely what I'm after. I'll post pics of the one I have coming when I get it and see what you think.

·
Registered
745 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: M.J

·
Registered
745 Posts
Here are one set of the red and blue G-10 and titanium ones like Fowler has. In between them is the pair of gray ones GZK got me. The gray one on the left is viewed from target side and the gray one on the right is viewed from shooter side. The gray ones are a closer to the traditional shape but still not quite there. The red and blue ones could be turned over and you would see absolutely no difference from one side to the other. They are not uncomfortable but are not close to the great feel of the classic style. As nice as these look to me, the plastic one feels far better in my hands.

Gray FF.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Those are very cool!
I went ahead and ordered one of the black plastic ones. Hard not to for $3.35. I even sprung for the e-packet, so delivery window is 12-20 days.
I didn't actually order any from that seller but ordered a couple little 5 or 6 dollar mini slings that looked like BB shooters. They messaged me that they could not get them and asked if I saw anything else in their store I would accept or if I wanted a refund. I just sent them back their link to the plastic Fiehu fork in a message and told them swapping for those would be fine. They sent me from 2 to 3 of them for every one they didn't have so I ended up with this pile. Certainly a trustworthy seller.

IMAG0698.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Those are very cool!
I went ahead and ordered one of the black plastic ones. Hard not to for $3.35. I even sprung for the e-packet, so delivery window is 12-20 days.
They are also molded HDPE. You can't put a band heavy enough on them to ever bend or break them. May be mass produced moldings but they would last a couple of lifetimes. If you site down your bands you will love them!!

·
Banned
193 Posts
I've read a multitude of older posts bad mouthing Chinese frames and those who dare buy the cheap Chinese slingshots. Now since the June World Tournament seems like everyone is jumping on the band wagon and buying up all the cheap Chinese slingshots they can justify adding to their collection. Yeah, I know, I bought a couple of them myself.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts