Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm a new member and thus not very experienced with where to buy flatbands. I cant find flat bands anywhere on the internet, and cant find them any where in the U.K. Can anyone direct me to a internet shop where I can buy them, preferably in the U.K but this is not a must.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And will they work on a Barnett Black Widow?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
i sell theraband gold bands mate
double hunting bands tapered from 25mm to 20mm = £4.99 each
single target bands tapered from 25mm to 20mm = £3.99 each
just drop me a message if your interested -- thanks john

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks both of you, really helped.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
You will find quite a bit of recent discussion on the forum about using Alliance 107 rubberbands. You can get them in the UK from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alliance-Sterling-Ergonomically-Correct-Rubber/dp/B005HGDOKK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1315151866&sr=8-3

I do not mean to suggest that these will be as good as the bands you get from John ... but they may be a cheaper alternative for just plinking around. On the other hand, John is a great guy, and there is a great deal to be said for supporting members of this forum.

Cheers ....... Charles

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will find quite a bit of recent discussion on the forum about using Alliance 107 rubberbands. You can get them in the UK from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...15151866&sr=8-3

I do not mean to suggest that these will be as good as the bands you get from John ... but they may be a cheaper alternative for just plinking around. On the other hand, John is a great guy, and there is a great deal to be said for supporting members of this forum.

Cheers ....... Charles
Would theese work on the Black Widow or would they be to powerful?

·
A Can's Worst Nightmare
152 Posts
there are almost no reasonable everyday bands that are too powerful for a real steel frame John's double TBG is one of the most powerful bandsets available if not the most! 107's are dirt cheap though but you compromise the high performance you would get with TBG as they are slower but are thicker and would last longer, they also have a lighter pull.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The narrow-forked Barnetts (Black Widow, Strike 9) really come into their own with flatbands. They shoot much nicer than they do with any tubes. I'd suggest opening up the handle and flipping the fork around so the prongs face away from you when shooting, and then slapping on some flatbands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts