Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our great niece plays basketball for our High School which is located in the middle of farming country. Negative people said the girls team would never win a sectional, but they didn’t tell the girls on the basketball team. Not only did they win sectional, last night they won semi state????????????❤ The team is not very tall, but they have team spirit, and they show it not only on the court, but in every day life. They are the perfect example of “there is no I in team”

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Great story!! I've always sized people up at the start of an event or a race and the ones that looked and dressed the part and looked like they were going to crush everyone were seldom on the podium.

My first cross country ski race was won by some wild haired dude dressed in flannel with rubber boots at the awards, I kept looking at the crowd and thinking "this guy"??????

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
That's a great reminder, especially in a culture where we often feel the need to "accessorize" before we can accomplish anything. Buying top of the line gear for slingshots (or any endeavor) won't equal results. Only hard work, skill, and a little luck will get you to the podium.

Reactions: Tag

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
That's an awesome story. I'll bet uncle Tag is proud.
Be sure to send congratulations from your forum family.

·
Premium Member
11,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank all of you for your replies, I will pass it on to the team

1 - 5 of 5 Posts