Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which hand do you hold the slingshot in?
In my Right hand - I am Left handed177.91%
In my Right hand - I am Right handed5726.51%
In my Left hand - I am Right handed11653.95%
In my Left hand - I am Left handed94.19%
I alternate between hands104.65%
Use the Force Luke!62.79%

·
Registered
273 Posts
Funny thing I hold bow with right but catty with left. An I am right handed but I think is a matter of dominant eye. For the Bow I used a quite havvy one (55 libs, somethome 60) so it was an obliged chose.

·
Registered
855 Posts
In my left-I'm right handed. Actually, I write, eat, and do a few other things left handed, but everything else I do right handed.

·
Registered
237 Posts
How do I shoot?
Very poorly indeed.
When I was in slightly more practice, I generally used my same bow technique, drawing to my chin or right cheekbone. Then I'd release and the ball would hit someplace entirely safe for my target.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Intersting how out of all of us that hold the slingshot with our right hand, about 80% more are right handed.

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
I'm a righty and hold the frame in my left. Flatband

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I am right handed and hold my slingshot in my left hand. I am right eye dominant so my right eye is over the sight line. If you want to know which of your eyes are dominant point your finger at something, close one eye and then the other. The one left open in which you finger does not move is your dominant eye. Tex

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I hold the fork in my left hand out of force of habit, but I'm left eye dominant, so I should switch.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I hold the fork in my left hand out of force of habit, but I'm left eye dominant, so I should switch.
Same with me but the other side. As a kid, beforeI knew about eye dominance, I held my catapults in my right hand and still do so now out of habit.
Since finding out right is my dominant eye I tried changing to holding the catty in my left but couldn't really get on with it. Instead I went back to a right hand grip and changed my anchor point to under my chin so my dominant eye can sight straight down the bands. Seems to be working too, just need to practice more.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
I am right handed and hold my slingshot in my left hand. I am right eye dominant so my right eye is over the sight line. If you want to know which of your eyes are dominant point your finger at something, close one eye and then the other. The one left open in which you finger does not move is your dominant eye. Tex
Hmmm, I did not know about the dominant eye thing. Being new to this hobby, I just did what seemed natural and held the slingshot in my right hand.

Now I find out I'm right-eye dominant . . .
Jebus, I just made my first custom, too -- for my right hand!
Now, I'm gonna have to start over, I guess.

... shouldn't have made an ergo

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
oh no no no Dayhiker.
The hand you feel most comfortable shooting is the hand you should shoot with.
Thanks Deimos, but know what? I went out and shot with my left hand for a while and was more accurate right off the bat. And I've been practicing the other way for about three weeks. Think it's best to switch now, before right-handedness gets too ingrained.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts