Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, temp was only 40 today however I discovered that is low enough that my theraband gold bands (which I decide would be my goto bands) really slowed down. Many of you will not be surprised. I decided to get some Precise cold weather latex. $22 on amazon but I wont have to wait 2 months. My theraband gold measures .68 mm... should I purchase the Precise latex with the the most similar size? Or is the performance much different where I should get thicker or thinner?? thanks to all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same question. Just received my order of .75 Precise cold weather from Amazon today. Ordered it after some research. .75 seems pretty popular. I'll make up a bandset this weekend test it out and let you know how it compares.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Red precise performs much better than the new formulation of TheraBand Gold. I have shot it 3/4" wide and 1/2" wide with 3/8" steel. So far I prefer the 1/2" wide, partial butterfly. No drop off in performance at 47 degrees here in Utah.

The new SimpleShot black also has performed well in 42 degrees with no noticeable performance decrease.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I use and like the red real well, works good, I don’t think it pulls as smooth as the tb gold, but performs (for me) just about the same, much better in the cold, warm bout the same

·
Registered
17 Posts
SS Scout. 3/8" steel balls. OTT. Theragold 3/4 tapered to 1/2". 7 1/4" from fork to pouch tie on. Thats my usual setup. I tried the .75 Precise cold weather in the same configuration. Just too tight on the draw. So I changed to 10 1/2" fork to pouch tie. Pretty comfortable and performance was good. This is after about 30 shots. These bands do snap back pretty hard and slap your fingers. Pretty uncomfortable. So I will be wearing a glove if I continue using these bands. Temp outside is right at 81 degrees right now and won't be below 50 degrees until maybe next week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.