Slingshots Forum banner

Which rotary blade sharpener to buy?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  jskeen 
#1 ·
Getting ready to buy a rotary blade sharpener and need to know what the best one is. There was a thread on these about a year ago but new ones have since come out. I find mixed reviews on all of them when used on fabric. The guys that cut rubber need a good sharpener.

#6 ·
That is the problem. The reviews on all I have seen leave a lot to be desired. Surely someone has knowledge of one that works really well.

#3 ·
I use a Fiskars rotary tool, got it at walmart, it came with a self healing matt and an extra blade for $15, couldnt pass that up

#9 ·
That is really starting to sound good. Messing with flat bands is really a hassle. I am going to start playing around with the 107 bands myself.

#10 ·
You can use any buffer to polish up the edge on your roller knife blades till they slide through rubber like it was butter, as long as the edges are just dull and not nicked or bent. Just leave it in the knife and buff edge down at about the 4 or 5 o'clock position on the blade so that it spins a little as it buffs, then flip it around and repeat on the other side. any type of buff and compound that is softer than a sisal wheel will work, the stainless in the blades won't really discolor even a buff used with white diamond for final polish. Give it a try, it's easier to do than to explain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.