Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
HOLD-FAST
451 Posts
I always face the concave side to the target when using such a oart of the deck. But much more important for me is to have the grain of the top layers of the deck in a vertikal direction. If the grain runs horizontal you can easy get cracks in the top layers during usage at thiner sections of the frame.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Skateboard decks for the win lol. I too prefer to curve toward the target, my Mr.Brooks natty is like that as well, third photo.
cdc7ffae6273051ef25e54adc50d992a.jpg
98c22eac12a2473e4f692b8faa306e5b.jpg
4ef2e763445bfe3b0e75eacc9712c67f.jpg

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Thanks you so much for all the responses. You guys are all awesome! It looks like there is a consensus and all of the reasoning makes perfect sense... Now I just have to decide what to build with the cheap skateboard blank I got from Aliexpress to mess around with...
Well I can think of one really cool compact frame ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks you so much for all the responses. You guys are all awesome! It looks like there is a consensus and all of the reasoning makes perfect sense... Now I just have to decide what to build with the cheap skateboard blank I got from Aliexpress to mess around with...
Well I can think of one really cool compact frame ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think I might know of a perfectly compact frame that shoots big! ...But what makes those cool is really the maker ... And it's so much easier to just buy it original from the builder who makes them best (and quicker than I ever could I might add!).

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I guess I'm kinda different. I have some really bad hands and wrists so if the curve comes back towards the shooter a fork supported hold is easier for me and the wrist is much straighter. The Backflip and Hair splitter are good examples. The curve kinda simulates a palm swell.
Must be why I find the back flip so comfy..
This is what I mean
Gorgeous work a always!!

Sent from my B3-A40 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Towards the target gives you just that much longer of a draw length. For me it also helps "aiming" (I don't really aim - shooting instinctively). For some reason I like a bit of a forward cant.
Didn't notice your post at first mate but right you are, instinct shooting really likes a forward cant.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikmaqWarrior

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey urbanshooter,

Oh great... for a year or so no bamboo cutting board within 50 miles was safe from me, exotic wooden kitchen spoons... olive works well, scrap maple from a local lumber yard... And now you come up with SKATEBOARDS! I HOPE YOUR SATISFIED! Just so happens I saw a skateboard in a thrift store... oh well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts