Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I post squirrels a lot, but I only post the odd one that I shoot. We are over run with them this winter and I think I've shot over 30 with a flip in the last 3 months.

As y'all know I primarily shoot 5/8 marbles and 7/16 steel, but most of the time it's marbles I hunt with (because that what is usually in my pocket) with marbles it's not common to get penetration. But if you look closely at this guy you can see the marble in his forehead. Instant lights out for this fella.

Bands are .66 gzk 3/4 to 3/8 with 12" active maxed out at full butter.

Stay safe everyone.
God bless Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Sporting Group

Attachments

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I know I post squirrels a lot, but I only post the odd one that I shoot. We are over run with them this winter and I think I've shot over 30 with a flip in the last 3 months.

As y'all know I primarily shoot 5/8 marbles and 7/16 steel, but most of the time it's marbles I hunt with (because that what is usually in my pocket) with marbles it's not common to get penetration. But if you look closely at this guy you can see the marble in his forehead. Instant lights out for this fella.

Stay safe everyone.
God bless
attachicon.gif
4BA2E81E-85A3-485B-BA00-C41320F5A225.jpeg
HOLY CRAP MAN! I've never seen such damage with a marble, Ive got to get some of that GZK going! Hella sweet!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

Stay safe everyone.
God bless 4BA2E81E-85A3-485B-BA00-C41320F5A225.jpeg
awesome shooting get them squirrels bashed bro spot on ????

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stay safe everyone.
God bless
attachicon.gif
4BA2E81E-85A3-485B-BA00-C41320F5A225.jpeg
HOLY CRAP MAN! I've never seen such damage with a marble, Ive got to get some of that GZK going! Hella sweet!
Going fast enough they can be very lethal. The gzk is good stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stay safe everyone.
awesome shooting get them squirrels bashed bro spot on
Thanks bingo. There probably my favourite thing to hunt.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Stay safe everyone.
awesome shooting get them squirrels bashed bro spot on
Thanks bingo. There probably my favourite thing to hunt.
yeah can get some action out them around here no many but there is afew awesome shot????

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I.M....

Now if I remember 5/8 glass and 7/16 steel are fairly close in weight right? So the fps should be about the same right? Okay so in theory the steel gives penetration where the glass gives shock. I don't hunt anymore but I'm still curious. To me it seems that at a longer distance, the steel would be the way to go. But of course, the proof is in the pudding and you are knocking 'em dead with your marbles. Nice shooting man, that is about as clean a kill as you could get.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I.M....
Now if I remember 5/8 glass and 7/16 steel are fairly close in weight right? So the fps should be about the same right? Okay so in theory the steel gives penetration where the glass gives shock. I don't hunt anymore but I'm still curious. To me it seems that at a longer distance, the steel would be the way to go. But of course, the proof is in the pudding and you are knocking 'em dead with your marbles. Nice shooting man, that is about as clean a kill as you could get.
Your exactly right Steve, 5/8 glass and 7/16 steel are the same weight. That's why those are primarily what I shoot. I plink cans with the glass because it's cheap and hunt with the steel. The steel definitely is the better option for squirrels, they are tough little buggers. I know my speeds and distances that I can take clean kills with each. This guy was about 25 yards, so I would only take a headshot with a marble. But If I had steel in my pocket I would have taken a body shot. The steel will cleanly pass through a body shot at that speed and distance.

But as for hunting with marbles....I've taken more game with marbles and a flip than I have with any shotgun or rifle and I hunt with a shotgun a lot during waterfowl season lol. If you use common sense and take clean shots there totally effective.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts