Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
eBay UK SlingFind of the YEAR at a few quid plus shipping!!!? Possibly a fake, a clone if you will, but a TREASURE regardless!

I've heard loads about this 'original' design of this frame that a teenager in New Mexico came up with. Upcycling a skate deck is brilliant in my opinion.

About the design, I was surprised to see and feel the comparison to my Modi-DeadRinger, my best little slingshot!
Me thinks I should look closer at this little board sling. My hand tells me that if the "LBS" had a fatter tail for my giant paw, let's say an overall Hour Glass shape is what I am saying would be a keen fit for the x-Large hand?

That would maybe give a little space for a 'WinnieSlot'.
I still think it is a nifty idea to have a round in the pouch ready to fling at the drop of a dime. However, I have not incorporated the slot into anything I have so perhaps a moot point.

Still happy with this find! Now time to shoot some flying aspirin and see how good of a clone it is!!!

Cheers,
Mojave Mo

410c90720a13d69be3a47657094ae0be.jpg
6b9c4501ceb566b47f19957fdcfb242f.jpg
8dc0f9c593c1779bf04e019002b0c5ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Hahaha .. nice bro! Glad you got the LBS!!! .. I hope it shoots as good as your "other" little guy!! :) .. I like a very small frame ... and I have some large hands ... and I wish I was a teenager bro hahaha ha much love .. Joeyjuanobi! Lol

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Awesome score Mojave it will serve you well, I bet it makes awesome snake repellant for your treks into the desert! :)

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahaha .. nice bro! Glad you got the LBS!!! .. I hope it shoots as good as your "other" little guy!! :) .. I like a very small frame ... and I have some large hands ... and I wish I was a teenager bro hahaha ha much love .. Joeyjuanobi! Lol

Haha...it's Obijuanjoey...!!!

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Sh it!! I always get it wrong !! .. obijuanslingnobi?
Hahaha .. nice bro! Glad you got the LBS!!! .. I hope it shoots as good as your "other" little guy!! :) .. I like a very small frame ... and I have some large hands ... and I wish I was a teenager bro hahaha ha much love .. Joeyjuanoobi! Lol

Haha...it's Obijuanjoey...!!!

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't understand anything except the picture. That's a highly sought after frame! Your a lucky guy. Signed and everything!!
I've got a couple of his builds but alas...... None are signed
I was channeling the Jolly Roger, apparently poorly I might add.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
eBay UK SlingFind of the YEAR at a few quid plus shipping!!!? Possibly a fake, a clone if you will, but a TREASURE regardless!

I've heard loads about this 'original' design of this frame that a teenager in New Mexico came up with. Upcycling a skate deck is brilliant in my opinion.

About the design, I was surprised to see and feel the comparison to my Modi-DeadRinger, my best little slingshot!
Me thinks I should look closer at this little board sling. My hand tells me that if the "LBS" had a fatter tail for my giant paw, let's say an overall Hour Glass shape is what I am saying would be a keen fit for the x-Large hand?

I still think it is a nifty idea to have a round in the pouch ready to fling at the drop of a dime. However, I have not incorporated the slot into anything I have so perhaps a moot point.

Still happy with this find! Now time to shoot some flying aspirin and see how good of a clone it is!!!

Cheers,
Mojave Mo

that is a wicked cool *find* I hope to *find* one in a few weeks myself.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I didn't understand anything except the picture. That's a highly sought after frame! Your a lucky guy. Signed and everything!!
Hey bro!! .. thank you ... yours isn't signed ? ... well we are gonna have to change that!! .. next time you have something from me going your way ..I will make sure I add a extra one . and it will be signed :) thanks for all your support buddy!

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Haha dang bro ! I need to start doing that !! .. u guys are full of great ideas :) . Next time pb! Next time! :)
haha mine is signed but funny thing about it is my initials r JS I first thought he personalize it for me haha .Nice little shooter MM

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Ohhhh ya!!! Just let me know buddy :)

Cheers,
Mojave Mo

that is a wicked cool *find* I hope to *find* one in a few weeks myself.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Awesome score Mojave it will serve you well, I bet it makes awesome snake repellant for your treks into the desert! :)

So BpC what is the magic about this fork width......??¿?

Personally I chalk it up to Joey having found the perfect balance between height and width; leading the tubes or bands to shoot just north of the knuckles but dead in line with the wrist.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Thanks buddy .. means a lot ... and that all is correct! :)

So BpC what is the magic about this fork width......??¿?

Personally I chalk it up to Joey having found the perfect balance between height and width; leading the tubes or bands to shoot just north of the knuckles but dead in line with the wrist.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts