Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I've got my new Scout XT and I'm consistently shooting 6 inches low at 25 ft range even though I site the target on top of the slingshot upper arm. What can I do to correct this please? I'm using 10mm shot, and the black bands that came with the scout.

** UPDATE **

The above happens when I grip the pouch palm towards my cheek.

When I grip the pouch with the back of my hand towards my cheek, I consistently shoot high. So I move my hand up my cheek but then the top band doesn't cover the bottom band!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That, and check the bands are even.
Regarding band length, would shooting too low suggest that the top band is shorter? Alternatively could it mean I'm not holding the forks parallel and I have the top one tipped forward of the bottom one?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You can "walk" your anchor point around points on your face, e.g. cheek bone, ear lobe, corner of your mouth etc. And the trajectory will alter. Another thing you can try is to use a brace vs. pinch grip. Trajectory is also altered ever so slightly with the variation. I shoot both ways and vary according to the frame. You can comfortably shoot a Scout either way so it's a good frame to experiment on to find what works for you. You can also try shooting OTT vs TTF and you won't have to obscure your target shooting OTT. The Scout is probably the most versatile frame to experiment with... enjoy!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Totally off topic.

Another surfer and kite surfer here, also in the UK.

I need to know more about he bike in your profile picture :hmm:

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Maybe try recording your shooting. You might be dropping your frame hand rather than using a good follow-through. Keep your frame in position until you hear or see the ball hit the target. Also, you might be tweaking the pouch a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts