Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know I shoot an SPS most of the time. The reasons.
1. I'm a looped tube shooter and to me it's the best platform for it.
2. If I go on a hike easily fits in my pocket.
3. I'm accurate with it.
4. If I want to change from 16/36 to 20/40 or 18/42 tubes it takes seconds.
And with looped tubes I get from 1200 to 1600 shots on a set. What's not to love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I shoot my Island Made frames almost exclusively because...

1. They appeal to me aesthetically.

2. I like the materials they are made of.

3. They fit my hand and my style of holding/shooting perfectly.

4. They just flat out work best for me. I am more accurate with them than anything else I've tried.

5. Plus Shane is just a great guy to deal with!

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
I Shoot everything that I have received in trades but, if I were to have to give up all of them except one, I would have to stick to my original Wishbone or its sister. :iono: They just seem right to me.

Bicycle handlebar Computer keyboard Peripheral Gadget Input device

Original on left.

Attachments

·
Ray Rowden
3,089 Posts
I usually shoot 3 or 4 different slingshots a day, including a little frameless. Some butterfly, some sem-butterfly. Occasionally a picklefork or conus.

I think they are all fun, and it's a challenge to adjust to each new setup.

That said, it is a rare day that I don't shoot a homemade, flat-topped copy of Beanflip's Jelly Bean. It's my EDC.

Brown Wood Creative arts Material property Art

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
I mostly shoot my Scout XT

1. Its a solid performer; made of safe, indestructible materials that I can trust.
  2. I prefer the wider forks which fit my face and aiming style, and offer a little more fps.
  3. And yet, even with the wider forks, the Scout is still reasonably 'pocket-able' (for me).
  4. The frame fits my hand well and it works nicely with my TTF/flat-band shooting style.
  5. I like the way the 'flip clips' make band changes quick and easy.
  6. The universal fork tips allow all styles of shooting.
  7. The aesthetics and color combinations appeal to me.
  8. Once again its a solid performer and I have spent a lot of time behind it, honing my accuracy, with some satisfying results.

·
Premium Member
10,768 Posts
I shoot my Island Made frames almost exclusively because...

1. They appeal to me aesthetically.
2. I like the materials they are made of.
3. They fit my hand and my style of holding/shooting perfectly.
4. They just flat out work best for me. I am more accurate with them than anything else I've tried.
5. Plus Shane is just a great guy to deal with!
Good choice!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
These days I shoot a Pocket Predator TTF Mini-Taurus most of the time. My reasons...

1. I'm mainly a flatband shooter and to me it's a great platform for it.
  2. If I go on a hike it easily fits in my cargo pocket. It's a narrow and fairly short 5" frame.
  3. I am more accurate with this frame than anything else I've tried and I have owned over 200 slingshots. It's a forgiving frame to shoot.
  4. If I want to change bands it only takes minutes.
  5. With flatbands I get from 600 to over 1000 shots on a set.
  6. These days I prefer a hammer-pinch grip over a thumb brace. The Mini-T has a well designed frame for this hand-web support style.
  7. I like the smart tie band attachment method that allows for a slim fork.
  8. The fork length allows for bands up to 1 1/4" wide.
  9. Wide 2" fork gap
  10. The frame is only 3.8oz in weight
  11. The Mini-T appeals to me aesthetically.
  12. Low profile forks for a TTF design. The bottom of the fork tie is only 1/4" from my thumb and closer to my index finger.
  13. It fits my hand and my style of holding/shooting perfectly.
  14. It's a good choice for those with thumb or wrist injuries or for someone who wants an inherently accurate slingshot design

15. Duranda and Bill are great to deal with.
  16. The Mini-T its a solid performer; made of safe, indestructible Polycarbonate that I can trust.
  17. I prefer the narrow forks which fit with my aiming style. It's 3 1/8 to 3 3/8 inchers for me.
  18. Never any handslaps with the TTF Mini-T.
  19. Price is only $24.95.
  20. With all this said, I usually shoot 2 to 4 different slingshots in a session.

Does a longer list win....LOL.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I love all my frames and they go through cycles with me usually about a month at a time with each variation.

Having said that, the frame I most often have banded up, in my pocket and ready to hunt with is my SMB (Small Mouth Bass) by @MikmaqWarrior. Usually couples with .36 cal Hornady round balls & shooting 3/4 butter, this setup is perfect for almost everything I need.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I prefer a fork/frame with a 3-1/4" or smaller overall width...something compact and pocket friendly that I can take anywhere. But, I'll use any frame. The size preference is really about convenience of carry.

I'm an opportunistic hunter, so I like to have something in my pocket at all times.

My go-to is a small natural with a 2-3/4" overall fork width. Fits in any pocket Great for when out on a fishing trip...

Great topic btw

Len

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I love all my frames and they go through cycles with me usually about a month at a time with each variation.

Having said that, the frame I most often have banded up, in my pocket and ready to hunt with is my SMB (Small Mouth Bass) by @MikmaqWarrior. Usually couples with .36 cal Hornady round balls & shooting 3/4 butter, this setup is perfect for almost everything I need.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
I'm glad you are enjoying it my friend

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.