Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,601 Posts
If there was a slingshot university, I'd major in single tubes and minor in flats ... definitely a mini minor.

I hate cutting flats also, but those precut tapers from Simple satisfy the curriculum requirements ... affordable too.
What would you recommend in single tubes for marbles? I have some SS medium amber that works really well. Was thinking Dankung 2040? Thanks for any input.

· Registered
3,601 Posts
All of my serious shooting is done with looped tubes ..2040, 1842, 1745, 3050 and the Kent 3/32id x 3/64wall x 3/16od. All are very good for me as I'm shooting mostly 3/8" to about 1/2" steel and marbles, some times a little more. If I shoot 5/15 steel I will use a single strand of what ever and it is fine. I do use Green Dub Dub for my heavier (115gr-180-gr) lead ammo if I need it, but in general these looped tubes are what I shoot, although Green Dub Dub shoots 5/8" Marbles and 7/16" Steel like a bullet !!

I live in the Antelope Valley area in Ca. and being it is a high desert area, my shots are all in the 30-45 yard range, so I need some flat shooting for the game I go after .....Mostly Starlings and a few HOSPS.

wll
I just ordered some Dankung 2040 from SS. What's your preferred setup for marbles with it? SS medium single tubes it sending them pretty well. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.