Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
When I upload my photos from my computer, the uploader turns them from upright to sideways on this site.

The original photos were taken with the phone upright and never edited (or rotated).

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
If taken with a mobile phone the image has a tag that allows the phone to know which orientation to display the image. On the site the website can't read this tag so displays the image in its 'standard' orientation - usually sideways.

You need to open and resave the image using an image editing software. Guess at some stage the site may add this feature (or an image rotator) to prevent it from happening - till then best to edit and resave.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or... take the photos with the phone sideways - just check which side needs to be down, so photos don't end up upside down.
I have a MAC in which I discovered;

-When the photos are downloaded into "Photos" then to this site, they end up sideways.

-When the photos are downloaded into "IPhoto" then to this site, they are upright.

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
Or... take the photos with the phone sideways - just check which side needs to be down, so photos don't end up upside down.

-When the photos are downloaded into "Photos" then to this site, they end up sideways.

-When the photos are downloaded into "IPhoto" then to this site, they are upright.
iPhoto would be setup to work with iPhone so would probably have the ability to read the tags. I also work with mac. Though refuse to own an iPhone...

·
OldMiser
3,543 Posts
What Matt said ..is correct about being sideways photo....Get a Photo editor to do rotations....I my self use ...Photo Scape...free to use down load..

Hope this helps..Note: I personaly do not use any thing Apple...Just my choice...Hey they.. may have good products..just not for me is all...

akaOldmiser

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

iPhoto would be setup to work with iPhone so would probably have the ability to read the tags. I also work with mac. Though refuse to own an iPhone...
Makes sense. I wouldn't know how they download from an iphone because I really don't like the diminutive size when working from a phone.

·
Administrator
256 Posts
We have also found that if you crop the image slightly within the phones built in editor program (Opening the file, edit, crop slightly) that has known to have the image orientate correctly as well.

The "Correct" orientation for a phone to take images (As per the manufacturers) is to take it sideways, usually with the volume buttons pointing down.

- JB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.