Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a Blade show, a Shot show, and shows for all things similar, but why no national slingshot show. The closest thing we have is the monthly Slingshot of the Month. I would like to have experienced judges look over and shoot some sole-authorship slingshots and come up with best of class and best of show awards. I know the NSA holds tournaments, but I bet there is appetite for a maker's competition, too.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would, but being in Hong Kong, the show would have exactly three attendees, presuming the wife isn't busy.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if anyone is interested, we can do an inaugural show in mid June next year. I'll arrange the venue in Hong Kong. Up to 5 tables I'll provide the venue and tables, beyond that number we'll split costs by table and even advertise. Sign up here. There'll be a range and a best of show award for sole authorship slingshots and subclasses if we have enough entries.

I would also like to see a US based show, but being so far away it's impractical to arrange..

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
I just want to know why there isnt a SlingShot Movie or a weekly series of a small group of guys that fight crime with there silent weapons of stealth and they even the score and dole out their special kind of justice and no one ever sees it coming.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts

I just want to know why there isnt a SlingShot Movie or a weekly series of a small group of guys that fight crime with there silent weapons of stealth and they even the score and dole out their special kind of justice and no one ever sees it coming.
. . . Exactly!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
How about doing such a show next year in Alverton?

This year we had three tables already (Gary, Tom and me).

Seems like ChiefAJ and maybe Jim Harris will have stuff to show off too.

Jörg

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It seems a good idea Jörg. The tourney gives a reason for people to travel. If it suits my schedule and budget, maybe I'll come. All we have to do is organise judging. Judging should be done early in the show (by post if necessary) so that the winner has the joy of sitting smugly with a blue ribbon all weekend.

One more thing to consider is a mentorship/ journeyman/ master maker rating. It has been very successful at the American Bladesmith Society and Knifemaker's Guild. I'm available to give time to new makers and by the next meet hope to be ready to submit something for Journeyman eveluation.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Yes we can have a slingshot show at Alverton same weekend as the ECST.There is plenty of room for tables in the club house.Patty and I are real busy with the tournament.Someone else will have to take care of the show.Are there any volunteers.If there are you can E-mail me at [email protected] or phone 724 834 5977 Jay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.