Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Ray Rowden
3,249 Posts
Looks like your current bands are about 3/4" straight cuts.

Give 1/2" a try. And, as previously mentioned, get your ties right to the top of the forks.

Lucky it's pretty warm now. You really want to get this issue resolved before winter. LOL!
They do have a bit of taper 3/4" to 5/8"

Actually here in upstate NY the weather is still almost like winter. Most days lately highs only in the 40's.
I shoot butterfly a lot with 3/8 steel. My taper is usually 1/2" to 1/4" cut to 14" for a 56" draw. I started using that cut with TBG, but it works well for me with the .55 latex I'm using now. It's a can shredder.

I guess my point here is that when you cut the bands longer, they have more potential power, and it's easy to stack up more power than you need.

· Ray Rowden
3,249 Posts
Looks like your current bands are about 3/4" straight cuts.
Give 1/2" a try. And, as previously mentioned, get your ties right to the top of the forks.
Lucky it's pretty warm now. You really want to get this issue resolved before winter. LOL!
They do have a bit of taper 3/4" to 5/8"
Actually here in upstate NY the weather is still almost like winter. Most days lately highs only in the 40's.
I shoot butterfly a lot with 3/8 steel. My taper is usually 1/2" to 1/4" cut to 14" for a 56" draw. I started using that cut with TBG, but it works well for me with the .55 latex I'm using now. It's a can shredder.
I guess my point here is that when you cut the bands longer, they have more potential power, and it's easy to stack up more power than you need.
I haven't tried full butterfly yet, not sure how it will go, both my shoulders are not too good, had surgery on the left one and it didn't help much. I do have 10m of 1745 tube ordered so I will probably give it a try after it gets here.
Save your shoulders, bud!

Start your butterfly adventure with something that draws much lighter than 1745 tubes!

Besides, you want a clean release if the ammo is passing within an inch of your cheek. That's a bigger challenge pulling all that weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.