Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will shooting rocks in my ps-1 pocket shooter hurt my bands or anything? just curious?

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
If I was lucky enough to own one of those superfine shooters I would be careful about which rocks I chose to shoot out of it. Larger uneven rocks could easily leave the pouch wrong and smack the fork a dose of pain! If you are used to shooting rocks however and know which ones are true shooters then it would be just fine. Bamboo is said to be very strong, but a work of such beauty I would use with skilled discretion.
Rocks are, in my opinion, better suited for frames you don't mind taking a hit now and then, like the one in the picture: DSCN0595.JPG
I have broken wooden frames several times by shooting rocks with them, so now I only use natural tree forks or metal frame slingshots to shoot rocks. Natural forks are stronger than single plank board cut forks because the wood grain circles around the fork rather than being in one direction. A laminated hardwood fork is very strong and so is a good plywood frame with 13 or so layers in a 3/4" thick fork.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
I only shot rocks, always available and are a renewable resource (lill 'lol)

no problem with my forks or my pouches

1 - 4 of 4 Posts