Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
350 Posts
ER - take charge and make it happen. PM everyone here who was interested. If you don't make it happen, it will never happen. Aim to get 3 people including you to do the shoot. Start small! So PM or call them all.
Your group will only grow.

Git er done!

· HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
7,735 Posts
i would like to , but im currently unable to go anywhere much right now. if it were anywhere in the vicinity of the Inland Empire, thered be a better chance of me being able to attend. maybe if a vendor also got involved and a couple or so people that already know each other got the ball rolling a bit. I for one just shoot to have fun and as a bit of a hobby. slingshooting still seems like too much of an individual ( or perhaps "loner") activity. Either way, im still proud to represent the SCSC (Southern California Slingshot Chapter)- Inland Empire Battalion.

· Registered
78 Posts
I am definetly in. I'll volunteer my time. We first need a place to shoot. Then of course people. We also need slinghots for any newcomers that don't have one to shoot with. Ammunition is also a big factor and a catchbox with various targets. I am totally in.

Thanks- SlinginDylan

· Registered
882 Posts
I am not in California at this time, but if a slingshot tournament could take place in Los Angeles, I would like to participate in it. I need to be told ahead of time, so I can plan my trip to Califas and carry with me my resorteras. Please let me know if a slingshot competition or just to get together to shoot slingshots takes place. Saludos.

· HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
7,735 Posts
even though im moving further away from the L.A./Inland Empire area, i still like the idea of a SoCal Slingshot Shootout, hope it happens someday.

· Registered
17 Posts
ERdept
In most areas in the US it is hard to get a slingshot tournament started.I think the main reason is most adults that shoot,shoot guns or bows and are not interested in slingshots.Most of them shot slingshots when they were kids.You have to bring this interest back in them,and also the younger generation who have so many other things to do and don't shoot slingshots like they did 30 or 40 years ago.It is an uphill battle to develope interest.That is why I go to youth days at the local gun clubs to show them what slingshots are about.I think after several years it is starting to work.Good luck to you in trying to develope interest in slingshots.
Yippers, sounds about right. Although it's kind of cool that slingshots are on the down-low. I would like to see SS get more recognition as a sub-form of archery or something.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.