Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering whether this pattern is ideal for shooting/hunting. I cut this out from cardboard and i dont know if there are any flaws or irregularities. It'll be great if you could point out any necessary changes/ improvements to be made b4 i cut it onto a wooden board.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Looks like the hole should be closer to the base of the handle, so your pinky will go into it naturally.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
It looks like a PS-1 with the forks enlarged, a more bulbous handle and the pinki hole moved halfway up the handle. It's fine, even laudable to deviate from an established design, but you have to ask yourself why you have made each deviation. I made one after the same pattern and found the forks (which were scaled to 2.5" between the forks) to be a bit on the big and tall side compared to what I was used to. A bigger handle like yours would give more purchase. I'm not sure why your hole is so high up. Why not enlarge it and make it triangular like a Dankung Cougar?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
There are some questions I would have to ask before I could even start to give you advice, what are the dimensions, are you planning on shooting between the forks or over the top? is the hole in the handle there for a reason or is it just a artistic touch?
The great thing is no matter how many opinions you get, it's up to you what's right or wrong. To me it looks serviceable as you have it, make one try it see what you feel needs to be changed. Then make the changes on the next one.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Hey I've got an idea....why don't you just buy one from me then you would have the original pattern to work from.

·
Resigned
946 Posts
You cant go wrong with one of pallans. well priced 3 sizes a nice choice of timber and they shoot great, why mess with a design that works.
Martin.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great advice i'll take the top off a bit and i'll enlarge the hole. Well the hole was actually for my pinky. Shorter forks will have less strain on my wrist, didnt think of that, thanks.
Martin how do those blue bands in your avatar preform.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats exactly what i'll do once i have the free time thanks.
- Martin how thick are those blue flats they sure look wide.
-Pallan your slingshots are a work of art, and im sure theyre very good both in desigh and quality but i dont have a credit card,nor checkbook, nor anything i'll always be kid living with my parents although im 20 i still act like a kid. My mom still gives me lectures like "Jo!stop shooting the starling in the yard and come study". "No joseph you are not allowed to go down town to shoot pigeons" Haha but what can i say i love shooting, too bad guns are illegal.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Jo, in the time you've spent writing about whether this would work and reading the responses, you could have made one. Just make it, then make a better one.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok,ok youre right maybe im getting too technical with something simple like a slingshot. go make it then i'll start with thick bands first, then c how it works out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts